Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello guys,
    I have recently bought a Audi A6 2.7 S line Le mans 2009 Plate.
    I love the car it has the full MMI controls on at the gearbox.
    It has the flat button central control, with Cd drive which says Audi Multimedia and 2x SD slots on the drive.
    All the functions work however when I choose NAV button it says ' Satellite Navigation not available'
    I tried the Sat nav disc from my 2005 A6 but it says CD not readable.
    I went to Audi and they werent much help, they said the car does not have sat nav included but maintained that all le mans models come with Sat Nav and to come on this forum for advice!!!!
    I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or knows a way to retrofit sat nav possibly? I really need it for work
    The car comes with the antenna etc but it bemuses me theres no sat nav

Please please can anyone help as its really frustrating me!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I only really know my own version of MMI (2G Basic Plus), but I'd have thought that if you have the two SD card slots & it's a 2009 model (3G therefore I presume), that you'd have DVD Nav rather than CD Nav, which may explain why your CD is not readable. I believe MMI 3G either has DVD Nav for the Basic version or hard drive for the High version, so a CD won't work either way.

A6 Chris or another more knowledgeable person will be along tomorrow to help more though. I think it's hilarious that Audi don't k ow & advised you to come here for answers - worrying, but hilarious.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

3. Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come t... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Someone called?!

Ok you have 3G Low without nav, some early 2009 cars didn't have nav as it was an optional extra at that point so nothing wrong there.

Surprisingly there was a thread on the very issue yesterday - Component protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdremob View Post
    I went to Audi and they werent much help, they said the car does not have sat nav included but maintained that all le mans models come with Sat Nav and to come on this forum for advice!!!!
    VWAF - Today the internet. Tomorrow the World!

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 1 0

5. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    As Chris said. Immediately following the facelift and the introduction of the TDie model only that model had the DVD Navigation as standard. It was optional on all other models. Attached are scans from the February 09 A6 Brochure

09-A6-Lemans.jpg09-A6-Nav1.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Seems like Audi are just being lazy and don't know their own cars!

Doesn't look like yours has it, question is was it sold to you as having Nav...if not not then only option is retro fit which will cost BIG £££'s, if it was and a feature you bought the car for then return it or buy a TomTom.

Good luck!
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

7. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Probably mistakenly, I assumed the OP must have had some sort of Nav system, as he was able to put the old Nav CD into something. Were you putting it into the CD changer then Drdremob?
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

8. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And don't be too heartbroken because the Tomtom works better anyway!

0 0 0

9. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Drdremob.

I have the same car as you 2009 a6 2.7tdi le mans, s line, registered mid July 2009. I have a 6 cd changer and a audi multimedia box where the sat nav dvd goes into and the 2 sd card slots are also on the audi multimedia box.

0 0 0

10. Re: Can someone clear up some issues with my MMI Sat Nav - Audi told me to come to you guys!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Couple of additional thoughts. Firstly you need to try and get hold of an 09 Map MMI 3G DVD (later versions will need activation by the dealer but an 09 version of the data should be OK). You may find that you d indeed have Sat Nav after all. You could also try decoding the option codes from either the sticker in the serve book or the spare wheel well. If the car was built after mid May 09 then it should have Sat Nav as that would make it an MY10 model and Sat Nav was standard for all cars with SE trim and above.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast