1. Garages in Inverness/Aberdeen with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Passat B6 with a parking brake fault indicated, fault code 02844, but the the parking brakes works perfectly well. I have been informed that a basic setting of the brake requires running. Can anyone suggest a garage in the Inverness/Aberdeen area that uses VCDS who can carry out this task.

0 0 0

2. Re: Garages with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, if you know what to do I have a fully registered VCDS which you are welcome to use, I am in Helmsdale if its any use

1 0 0

3. Re: Garages with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for the offer, when is best for you as I am free most time over the next 10 days.

0 0 0

4. Re: Garages with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue1965 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the offer, when is best for you as I am free most time over the next 10 days.
    Hi there, lets make sure we are both on the same wavelenght lol...I have a licenced copy of VCDS lite and you are welcome to come up to me and use it anytime. but here's the rub, I have no experience with VW's so you will be on your own, suggest you ask the forum on how to do what you want or email rosstech and ask them what you need to do. Is this ok?

1 0 0

5. Re: Garages in Inverness/Aberdeen with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The code is described here;

02844 - Ross-Tech Wiki

The procedure is detailed in the special notes below.

Good luck gents - thanks for the community spirit too, that's what this is all about

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

6. Re: Garages with VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WE were on the same wavelength in that I need to come up to you and use your VCDS which you have kindly offered, but I have little VW knowledge and no VCDS experience, although the procedure 'brake basic setting' looks fairly straight forward. I was just wondering if I was to come up when would be possible. Would i be right in thinking that your VCDS is ready installed on a computer and ready to to plug into the car? Do you have any experience of running VCDS? As i mentioned in my 1st post tye brake works fine just the warning light is on, which appeared over a year ago. It all happened after I was on holiday in Devon and the parking brake failed. Visit to local dealership resulted in £700 bill for new caliper, replacement switch. It wasn't till driving down the road that the fault didn't clear but it was friday afternoon, I need to get on the road back north. Many thanks again.

0 0 0