Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Marines 'murdered man live on camera' - Debate

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Marines 'murdered man live on camera' - Debate 
    DSG4ME Guest
    WGMG

Marines being tried and convicted for murder of a murderer,

If the British forces want anyone to enlist this isn't the way forwards is it,

And before the Geneva CONvention is quoted that was set up for soldiers who fight in a uniform not someone who thinks civilian targets are fair game and doesn't wear one,

Marines A B & C did the world a favour and our law is punishing at least one of them for it, he's probably risked his life for us for 20 years and look how we treat him,

What if poor terrorist had made a recovery in hospital and then gone back to war and on the very day Prince Harry returns there for another tour he gets a lucky shot off and kills our fine Prince, everyone will be saying why didn't that Marine kill him when he had the chance,

See why I'm so angry now, this isn't the first example, if you train men to kill don't be surprised when they do, and heaven forbid they kill an enemy,

This result just made every serviceman of ours weaker, instead of just doing it they will be thinking what if, and what if is the difference between you getting him or him getting you,

Now someone pass me a Union Jack as today I want to puke on it, you can't jail me for it cos you let others burn it don't you?

All this right on top of remembrance day as well, certain people need to remove their poppies as them wearing them is no longer appropriate imo.

2 1 0

2. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSG4ME View Post
    WGMG

Marines being tried and convicted for murder of a murderer,

If the British forces want anyone to enlist this isn't the way forwards is it,

And before the Geneva CONvention is quoted that was set up for soldiers who fight in a uniform not someone who thinks civilian targets are fair game and doesn't wear one,

Marines A B & C did the world a favour and our law is punishing at least one of them for it, he's probably risked his life for us for 20 years and look how we treat him,

What if poor terrorist had made a recovery in hospital and then gone back to war and on the very day Prince Harry returns there for another tour he gets a lucky shot off and kills our fine Prince, everyone will be saying why didn't that Marine kill him when he had the chance,

See why I'm so angry now, this isn't the first example, if you train men to kill don't be surprised when they do, and heaven forbid they kill an enemy,

This result just made every serviceman of ours weaker, instead of just doing it they will be thinking what if, and what if is the difference between you getting him or him getting you,

Now someone pass me a Union Jack as today I want to puke on it, you can't jail me for it cos you let others burn it don't you?

All this right on top of remembrance day as well, certain people need to remove their poppies as them wearing them is no longer appropriate imo.
    Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

What you're alluding to lowers us to their level.

We have to be better than them, and be seen to be.

We aspire to lead by example; to take and hold the moral high ground. To do that, our standards have to be unimpeachable.

0 1 0

3. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    having seen the news and the sound recording of this incident, i am ashamed that a british soldier would act in this fashion. 'shall i stick one in his head, no , too obvious, better in his chest' ?
    maybe if it was the other way round the enemy may have acted the same, but it wasn't.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

4. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Presenting it the way he did, I could have some sympathy with DSG4ME's viewpoint.

Unfortunately, he ignores the facts; what happened was inexcusable, completely disgraces the uniform and, ultimately, Britain.

Sad really.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 1 0

6. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    DSG4ME Guest
    I love it, every thing that's wrong with Britain has been added since I posted last,

Have you heard yourselves?

Ashamed ?

You do realise he killed a man who is prepared to stone women, bomb civilians, cut peoples heads off for not being of the same religion as him, HE KILLED A MURDERER a murderer who once healed would've been off killing innocent people once again, or our soldiers,

Go get Hitler round for tea and cakes, I'm sure he wasn't as bad as he was made out, ask 6 million Jews what they think,

Sorry guys, I'm out of here and forums for good, I don't see anything but pacafistic surrenderist who are more worried about the filth than the cure, if your house is broken into and you hurt the thief and then get done for it don't cry, it's the same mindset and it appears many are happy to play along with it, I'm not, one of my boys is banged up for doing his job, his job is to reduce the enemy numbers and that's what he did, ever see a terrorist obey the Geneva Convention, and what a laugh that is, Switzerland the place to hide your Nazi wealth and stay neutral while France,Poland,Czech etc are bulldozed willy nilly,

Can you please wake up!

He killed a terrorist not the little girl next doors cat ffs.

2 4 0

7. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    It is unfortunate dealing with an enemy like that who do not comply with the Geneva Convention and to be expected to comply with it oneself. Very difficult.

You cannot appease a crocodile by feeding it, hoping it will eat you last. It will still eat you.

An enemy like that only respects one thing and that means the gloves are off or should be.

We went and round and round with the Woolwich thread that was split out from this one. Same dinner, different gravy.

I would imagine there are those who are outraged by the activities of MI5/MI6/GCHQ that have been in the news this week. I'm not and do not care what HAS to be done to keep us safe. It emerged that 34 terrorist plots by that same enemy have thankfully been foiled since 11/7.

It was also muted that many British citizens have been going overseas for training and have been fighting for that enemy, not that this wasn't widely known anyway. And to top it all that bloke who went missing in a burka who was known to have done so.

What I'd like to see happen is to get our troops home away from the lost causes that are tragically taking so many of their lives. Get the Border Agency fit for purpose, anyone who goes to a country like that shall not be allowed back to the UK, regardless. Bolster the intelligence agencies capabilities and have these unsavory people taken out of society, bundled into a C130 and taken away from the UK to any one of the despotic **** holes who's culture they are so fond of. I care not a jot who gets upset and ashamed. If not, as good as the Intellegence Agencies are, something bad is going to happen, not if, but when.

I'm ashamed at how soft and stupid this once great country has become.

1 1 0

8. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phutters View Post
    Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

What you're alluding to lowers us to their level.

We have to be better than them, and be seen to be.

We aspire to lead by example; to take and hold the moral high ground. To do that, our standards have to be unimpeachable.
    It is a noble sentiment but you cannot reason with the unreasonable.

2 0 0

9. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    having seen the news and the sound recording of this incident, i am ashamed that a british soldier would act in this fashion. 'shall i stick one in his head, no , too obvious, better in his chest' ?
    maybe if it was the other way round the enemy may have acted the same, but it wasn't.
    If it was the other way round, brutal bloody torture would most likely have been involved.

1 0 0

10. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    All that said, it should not have been done.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast