Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Marines 'murdered man live on camera' - Debate

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    DSG4ME Guest
    Does anyone know of a campaign to get this Marine freed?

I feel so strong about this I feel it's every British citizen who gives a toss about what a Marine has to endure should be campaigning for his release,

the easy way to see this is if you'd been on the street the day Lee Rigby got slashed up and had a gun in your hand would you have shot the two who did it or stand by peeing your pants? exactly, an enemy is just that, you do not incarcerate your own and especially being as you sent him there to do just that anyway,

free our marine!

0 0 0

2. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I need to look at the details of the case more, but my initial reaction is that we're very quick to blame this guy & say that he should have acted more appropriately.

However I've never served in a cauldron of pressure, stress, anxiety etc that is a desert war zone. I can't know how I'd be in that scenario where you've taken down a member of the terrorist enemy who has been trying to kill me & my best mates. These soldiers go out every day knowing it could be their last if they put a foot wrong & step on an ied. They'll be surrounded by gunfire, explosions & the worst aspects of life - then they read about Lee Rigby etc, how does that affect their perspective of what's right & wrong when talking of Al Qaeda/Al Shabaab?

Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 1 0

3. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Should we even be there fighting a war that isn't ours = no
    if that enemy had the chance to get a gun off our marine at the any point the marines see him and the marines did radio in and called for help for the said enemy do you think that enemy would have shot all the said marines he could= yes
    they did the right thing and you can't reason with a enemy like that

WELL DONE YOU BOYS OUT THERE AND HOPE YOU ALL COME HOME SAFE

1 1 0

4. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    given the same situation, i would probably have done the same or similar. what i would have done differently is made sure my helmet cam and those of my colleagues were most definitely turned off.
    i am not saying what happened was right. getting caught is the problem.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes he should have turned his cam off but the head cam should be there to protect our boys and girls out there not the enemy.
    I can't for the life of me think why this even made any papers or the news it should have never been made public.
    what are all the do gooders saying AAARRRR that poor enemy got shot dead trying to kill our marines

0 2 0

6. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    this is the problem, it got made public. i know its a war situation, a pointless war that is about the control of drugs more than terrorism (imho) and we shouldn't bother being there, but it still wasn't right what they did. the only mistake they made was to leave evidence. they will be punished, hopefully not a life sentence, and that will be a message to others. hopefully the others will read that as a message not to leave any evidence.
    unfortunately i fear that bringing this into the open will upset the taliban and retaliatory action may be taken. maybe someone should be having words with the judge that allowed the release of this evidence.

0 0 0

7. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the afghan a different kind off dead? Or is it that it wasn't fair play or sporting?
    Of its the latter maybe we should stop using aircraft as this is unsporting too.

And as the afghan was already injured who ever shot him first should be arrested for being an accomplice to murder?
    Unauthorised commercial link removed as per forum rules

0 0 0

8. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Members of terrorist organisations hunt down our troops, they plant ied's that their neighbours children could be killed by & they are part of an organisation that cheers when news of Lee Rigby or the Twin Towers filters through. Not a compassionate lot, are they?! Why shouldn't our soldiers fight fire with fire?

There have been a few stories of cruelty/humiliation of captured Talibans with picture/video evidence. The same or worse will happen on the other side, but they're not stupid enough to raise this as a human rights issue. He was tried by a military panel, right? Surprises me that military men who have served, would release the evidence & find him guilty.

Maybe I'm a little too suspicious (probably reading too many of your posts DS lol), but this smacks of the case being 'managed'. After the initial leak, the Government thinking, "right, this will outrage the public, so someone needs to be accountable. But in order to reduce the backlash from others about a soldier being arrested for murder, let's justify him being found guilty by playing the evidence".
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 2 0

9. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSG4ME View Post
    I love it, every thing that's wrong with Britain has been added since I posted last,

Have you heard yourselves?

Ashamed ?

You do realise he killed a man who is prepared to stone women, bomb civilians, cut peoples heads off for not being of the same religion as him, HE KILLED A MURDERER a murderer who once healed would've been off killing innocent people once again, or our soldiers,

Go get Hitler round for tea and cakes, I'm sure he wasn't as bad as he was made out, ask 6 million Jews what they think,

Sorry guys, I'm out of here and forums for good, I don't see anything but pacafistic surrenderist who are more worried about the filth than the cure, if your house is broken into and you hurt the thief and then get done for it don't cry, it's the same mindset and it appears many are happy to play along with it, I'm not, one of my boys is banged up for doing his job, his job is to reduce the enemy numbers and that's what he did, ever see a terrorist obey the Geneva Convention, and what a laugh that is, Switzerland the place to hide your Nazi wealth and stay neutral while France,Poland,Czech etc are bulldozed willy nilly,

Can you please wake up!

He killed a terrorist not the little girl next doors cat ffs.
    That really is a load of rabble-rousing cr@p. Just because someone has a different viewpoint you label them 'pacifist-surrenderist'. I'm no apologist for any Afghan 'fighter', but how do you know he was a murderer? Have you actually seen him shoot someone in cold blood? What does that make the Marine?

Don't label me a pacifist surrenderist, I lived through the Second World War, so your analogy is wasted on me. Would you have had all British soldiers in that war behaving the same way as the Nazis? Likewise in Afghanistan? Like probably the majority of people in the UK, I don't think we should even ever have gone there - but that doesn't make them 'pacifists'.

Have a rant by all means, but don't set yourself up as some sort of hero with this 'Sorry guys, I'm out of here and forums for good', bleeding-heart rubbish, especially since you're obviously still lurking. I've heard it all before.

I'm watching with pride the Remembrance Commemoration at the Cenotaph, and will be attending the same thing at our French 'Cenotaph' tomorrow, remembering the members of my and other families' lost loved ones.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

2 1 0

10. Re: What grinds your gears? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycie View Post

Maybe I'm a little too suspicious (probably reading too many of your posts DS lol), but this smacks of the case being 'managed'. After the initial leak, the Government thinking, "right, this will outrage the public, so someone needs to be accountable. But in order to reduce the backlash from others about a soldier being arrested for murder, let's justify him being found guilty by playing the evidence".
    thinking about this some more, and listening to the footage, would a marine really be thinking of the geneva convention enough to actually say so, in a battlefield. would the marine not just finish the job and get the hell out. the more i look at it the more i think the whole thing is a set up. ?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast