Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Touran 2.0 TDI faulty injector wiring loom and now possible injector fault

1. Touran 2.0 TDI faulty injector wiring loom and now possible injector fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have 2006 Touran 2.0 TDI SE PD140, 110,000 miles - bought privaly last month. 2 weeks after purchase it developed pretty bad misfire judder problem on heavy accelerration once the engine's up to temp. EML warning light on stating EMISSIONS GARAGE!.

VW main dealer (Caffyns East Sussex) diagnosed problem as fauly wiring loom. Paid out for 2 lots of diagnostics and new wiring loom £300, mile down the road after picking up and same problem but worse, even though they said they test drove and all was fine. They won't give me a refund and I've contacted VOSA to see if this falls into the Passat PD140 soft recall problem with injectors but it doens't as not clased as fatal manufactugin fault! I should surely be intitle to refund as they've replace something which wasn't faulty?

Caffyns now saying it is faulty injector #4 so I got the full diagnostics report - they've quoted me about £600 to replace one injector. I'm slightly reluctant to go with them any more as I don't trust them, customer service was diabolical and staff just plain rude.

From report: Fault Memory Entry: Number P126900 (P1269): Cylinder 4 pump/injector valve-N243 Implausable signal. Error Type 1: tbd. Error Type 2: Intermittent

Can I be 100% sure that the diagnosis is correct and that replacing injector #4 will fix the problem?

What are my options regarding refurbished injectors? I've been reading good things but I have no idea if my engine has Bosch or Siemens or what suppliers are recommended?

Anyone have any good garage recommmendations in Brighton & Hove who could help me out and not rip me off?

Previously the car has suffered from other similar issues looking back through paperwork (all fixed by Caffyns in Eastbourne): 07/2001 - investigate Emissions warning light on (vehicle been to another garage for MOT and cambelt change)
    Diagnosed and fixed - Replace V157 intake flap motor and blown fuse, and 11/2012 - investigate dash warning light on - glow plug light flashing - Diagnosed and fixed - new throttle pedal and housing.

Any help much appreciated. I fear I've bought a complete lemon

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI faulty injector wiring loom and now possible injector fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No replies yet, surely someone can help?

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI faulty injector wiring loom and now possible injector fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If a garage did work that wasn't required then I'd imagine they'd have to suck up the cost of it. Get a diagnostic scan using VCDS and see what it says. A nice word with the service manager of the garage you used could pay dividends as well as a mention of the small claims court etc. Search results for "P1269" - Ross-Tech Wiki

0 0 0