Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudimental View Post
    I did do an hpi check before i saw the car just not the finance part. The sellers being askward about the deposit saying hes trying to work out how much this has cost him. like i care or its my problem.. I do have a reciept what he wrote so atleast that should cover me if need be.
    The finance part is the important part you're missing. That's like saying you checked the service history, but didn't look at the service record book.

I'd have run away before now, you'll be lucky if you recover that deposit IMHO.

0 0 0

2. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is there any point making a silly offer on the car as the seller may be desparate and then go to the finance company to pau what he owes??

0 0 0

3. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    mate, you could buy the car off him for a quid, but as has already been said, its not his car to sell. vw finance own the car. if you buy it and he then pays off the finance then all well and good. if you buy it with hard earned cash which he then doesn't give to vw finance, the car WILL be taken from you and you will be left without car or cash. does he have the logbook for it with him as the registered keeper ?

its a bit like me selling you my house but not telling my mortgage company about it. i could pocket the money and do a runner but its you that would be kicked out and left with nothing.
    i think you have just been the subject of a scam. you found out early enough for it to have only cost you 500 notes. either go to see him with a few friends and ask politely for your money back, or go to the police or anyone else that might help, but whatever you do, don't carry on with the purchase.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

4. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    mate, you could buy the car off him for a quid, but as has already been said, its not his car to sell. vw finance own the car. if you buy it and he then pays off the finance then all well and good. if you buy it with hard earned cash which he then doesn't give to vw finance, the car WILL be taken from you and you will be left without car or cash. does he have the logbook for it with him as the registered keeper ?

its a bit like me selling you my house but not telling my mortgage company about it. i could pocket the money and do a runner but its you that would be kicked out and left with nothing.
    i think you have just been the subject of a scam. you found out early enough for it to have only cost you 500 notes. either go to see him with a few friends and ask politely for your money back, or go to the police or anyone else that might help, but whatever you do, don't carry on with the purchase.

he's just sent me this as proof????
    Last edited by Guest 2; 18-10-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: protecting the seller from potential fraud!

0 0 0

5. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You do know you've just posted his sort code and account number on a public forum?

Confirm with VWFS themselves.

VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES (UK) LIMITED
    Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands,
    Milton Keynes, MK14 5LR, United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 0870 900 6040
    Fax: +44 (0) 1908 486749

0 0 0

6. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    so, he buys a car on finance because he doesn't have the money available in the bank to buy it. he then finds the money to settle the finance when you start questioning him about it. this all smells of something you smell in a field.
    i would need to see more than just that to prove its all above board, like having a chat with vw fs themselves. personally i would just ask him nicely for your 500 back.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

7. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    You do know you've just posted his sort code and account number on a public forum?

Confirm with VWFS themselves.
    oops only just noticed it showed that my mistake thanks for editing

0 0 0

8. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    oops only just noticed it showed that my mistake thanks for editing
    If the finance indeed has been cleared, do another HPI check and as above, ring VWFS themselves.

0 1 0

9. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post

Yes i understand i'm not stupid! i'm obviously not going to buy the car unless he can prove he's paid off the finance he owns the car. His name was on the V5 logbook and all other parts i.e engine number matched so i'll give vwfs a call in the morning and if he has indeed paid it off then well i don't know..

1 0 0

10. Re: Need advice regarding hidden finance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes i understand i'm not stupid! i'm obviously not going to buy the car unless he can prove he's paid off the finance he owns the car. His name was on the V5 logbook and all other parts i.e engine number matched so i'll give vwfs a call in the morning and if he has indeed paid it off then well i don't know..
    But you just told me in pm that's exactly what you've done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudimental
    I provided them with the car reg customer number ande agreement number that's all the info they needed....
    Something is smelling fishy here OP

And I don't like the smell of fish in the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

0 2 0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast