Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Wanted to ask whether car specs can be chosen on a PCP contract? Or do you have to accept what is being offered at the time of the deal?

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    You absolutely have the option to spec your own car, however the challenge may be whether the car can be built within the prescribed timeframe for the PCP offer available at the time. For instance some of those ordering a car at the end of September using the scheme that required order by 30/9 and delivery by 31/12 were being warned that they not be eligible for the offer as the delivery date might be beyond 31/12. The new offer is order by 31/12 and delivery by 31/3 so it is very unlikely that you could not get a car built in the prescribed 6 month timeframe

It does get a little bit more complicated of course as a dealer will often try to off-load an existing car (either a physical car they have in stock or one that is already specced and has a scheduled build date - which usually means the spec cannot be changed) to a buyer, PCP or not, and make themselves seem like they are doing you a favour by getting you the car quicker than if you had to wait for a factory order. They may also offer you some extra discount or give you a better trade in value to further sweeten the deal

0 0 0

3. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloxley View Post
    Hi

Wanted to ask whether car specs can be chosen on a PCP contract? Or do you have to accept what is being offered at the time of the deal?

Thanks in advance.
    If you buy a stock car, i.e. a car which physically exists or is an order the dealer has placed which is not associated with a customer, and which is no longer spec amendable, then the PCP charges will reflect the spec the car comes with.

If you order a car to your spec then the PCP charges will reflect that spec.

You can have whatever spec you want on a PCP financed deal.

A stock car could well be available 'next weekend', a build to order will possibly take a few months.

1 0 0

4. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone had any experiences with a PCP coming to the end of its period

In particular

Did anyone get offered more than their guaranteed minimum future value, did you get your deposit back

Were you charged for any damage

Did you buy another Audi after the car was returned, did you have any value in the deal to put down as deposit

I would be interested to hear your views

1 0 0

5. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Fred View Post

In particular

Did anyone get offered more than their guaranteed minimum future value, did you get your deposit back

Did you buy another Audi after the car was returned, did you have any value in the deal to put down as deposit

Not necessarily a straight answer to your question but on my C6 I was 3 years into a 4 year PCP deal when I was contacted by the dealer to advise me of a special Customer Only Event. I went along and ended up buying my C7 (basically I said this is the car I want and I do not want to pay any money or have the repayments to be any different to what they are on the C6). My PCP was 10k miles pa. At the time the car had done 35k so was over the mileage based on a straight run rate, however the difference between the p/x being offered within the deal and the settlement was about £2.5k (pretty much the amount of cash I had put down on the C6 pcp) so all in all I was happy. Retruning condition was not an issue because it was treated simply as a p/x with outstanding finance that needed to settled by the dealer.

Much better experience than I had with an A-Class my wife had a few years ago when no one would offer the residual value as a minimum p/x (they all played Stelios and his Easyrentacar venture), so ended up returning it to MB who then came up with all sorts of issues regarding the condition of the car (even down to the first aid kit being missing). As the car was returned to a dealer we were not there when the car was collected and the assessment was done at MB's central facility in Milton Keynes so had no control over what happened to it between dropping it off and the doing their report. I queried the report but by then the car had apparently been repaired and gone to auction so I had no means of proving they were wrong. I also had no chance to

Based on my experience the only time you get an issue with the condition of the car is when you are returning it and not buying another car. Otherwise the finance side of the business will never see the car although the cars condition will affect the p/x value

0 0 0

6. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In particular

You don't get the deposit back.

0 0 0

7. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know you don't get your deposit back, it was to ask if you got any more than your gfmv and if this was equivalent to the deposit

Has anyone taken their car back and handing the keys back after they paid more than half, as you are allowed

0 0 0

8. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't remember the details, but I did that with a Passat as it was better to do it financially then part ex. it!

VW Finance arranged to pick the car up and it was given a full inspection whilst it was in my drive and I was given a copy so no problems with the condition/things allegedly missing afterwards.
    2014 Samoa Orange TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI Black Edition & 2015 Petrol Blue Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI ~ Now Gone - 2013 Daytona Grey A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic Black Edition

0 0 0

9. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Wuffles Guest
    I know you don't get your deposit back, it was to ask if you got any more than your gfmv and if this was equivalent to the deposit

Has anyone taken their car back and handing the keys back after they paid more than half, as you are allowed
    I believe my Dad did that once, then managed to find it again at auction and buy it back for a couple of grand less. It was in West Wales though, so not exactly a needle in a hay stack to find, and perhaps he was lucky - or he made it up, he makes things up.

0 1 0

10. Re: Pcp audi a6 s line contract 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    With the way a trade in deal is likely to be "stacked" with the various discounts and incentives its probably difficult to tell whether there is any residual left after clearing the outstanding finance or not. As others have noted a dealer will make your trade in worth whatever they need to seal the deal! I did do a straight Audi lease on a C6 a few years ago. At the end of the contract they tried to charge me for 2 new front tyres even though they where only around 30% worn. The speed rating was W rather than V and even though that was a higher spec they still considered that an issue. Only by proving that the car had been serviced after the tyres had been fitted and the dealer had made no comment was I able to avoid paying.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast