Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A3 8p, 1.9 TDI 105 DPF Deleted, map now removed, faults and power loss. MOT Fail.

1. Question A3 8p, 1.9 TDI 105 DPF Deleted, map now removed, faults and power loss. MOT Fail. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

Any advice would greatly appreciated. Feeling glum on how much my frugal litle 1.9 tdi is costing to own.

My 58 reg A3 was having a lot of DPF issues end of last year, past the point of a forced regen and was hitting limp mode now and again coil light flashing and engine managment light on.

Checked faults and it was 2 of the exhaust temp sensor faults coming on.

Decided to bite the bullet and in May of this year had a reasonalby well regarded tuning firm gut the DPF and put a performance map on.

Car then pulled like a train, better fuel economy, they managed to clear all the fault codes apart from the exhaust temp sensor 1.
    01350 - "P0546 Sensor 1 for exhaust temperature bank 1 - G235:high"

MOT time arrived end of august, failed on the smoke test, was way over, they thought it was the map. They also replaced the temp sensor indicated on the fault, they tried to clear the code, however would just reappear. Took the car back to the mappers, had them remove the performance map and just leave the dpf delete map on.

Car then passed the MOT with a bit more smoke than is expected even on a DPF delete, however still through.

Also worth noting that I get some losses in power whilst revving which can be quite worrying, however I change down and it comes back to life. Also the flashing coil light does stop very rarley, but will come back on after 20 seconds or so.

Any guidance on this would be gladly accepted. Cheers guys.

[did have it mentioned my the mappers that they thought it could be a MAF sensor issue, i doubt this]

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 8p, 1.9 TDI 105 DPF Deleted, map now removed, faults and power loss. MOT Fail. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If DPF was originally fitted then I presume removing it should be an MOT fail by itself? My personal, lay, opinion would be that by the time of 58 you're getting cars that are quite highly tuned around DPFs, so taking it out of the system is going to throw a whole bunch of things out - accepted ranges for exhaust temp etc. and all.

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 8p, 1.9 TDI 105 DPF Deleted, map now removed, faults and power loss. MOT Fail. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    If DPF was originally fitted then I presume removing it should be an MOT fail by itself? My personal, lay, opinion would be that by the time of 58 you're getting cars that are quite highly tuned around DPFs, so taking it out of the system is going to throw a whole bunch of things out - accepted ranges for exhaust temp etc. and all.

mate the problem is with so called "firm remap" remappers.

COWBOYS!.

most people are using slave units from crap dealer who made files for them.
    which has min knowleadge and relay on defined maps from ecm titanium.

or worse use copy diff function without knowing anything at all. apart how to use swiftec to turn off dpf.

and paste these diff in another file..

If you are from yorkshire I can do your car to pass mot emission with flying colour with extra BHP!!

0 0 0