1. Any common problems? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thinking of buying a 2011 Exeo ST Se Tech 143 - are there any common problems to be aware of please? At present have a B5.5 Passat so I think there it a shared ancestry via the Audi A4. Does the Exeo suffer from water ingress problems which affected some A4s and Passats? Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Any common problems? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrc View Post
    Thinking of buying a 2011 Exeo ST Se Tech 143 - are there any common problems to be aware of please? At present have a B5.5 Passat so I think there it a shared ancestry via the Audi A4. Does the Exeo suffer from water ingress problems which affected some A4s and Passats? Thanks
    Hi, in reply to the water ingress question, I have recently had the battery removed from my 143 SE Exeo ST as I could see a build up of water under the battery which turned out to be a blocked drain under the brake servo, my previous car (an A4) had a similar drain under the battery as well, but this was not obvious on the Exeo, all the water vanished once the drain under the servo was cleared. The drain was blocked with silt not leaves as expected and if the water build up had not been spotted would have built up and then entered the cabin with disastrous results as in my Audi and many others beside. If this possible problem is monitored then life with an Exeo should be fairly trouble free and I personally think it's a great car....Julian

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Polo 1.2 SE (56) common problems?
    By Redders2 in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2012, 11:27 PM
  2. Question Common problems
    By welsh_ben in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 12:32 PM
  3. B8 - Common problems?
    By Red 2 in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015