Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I just got my new A6 C7 2.0 TDI delivered and I have one issue. All the doors require quite much force to properly shut. If I don't use enough force, they would just hook on the first latch. I'ts quite annoying, looks like the seals are in the way or the doors need adjustment? What are your experiences with this model, is it a common thing? Maybe thats just the way those doors are? Before I had a Passat B6 and it was much easier to properly close the door...

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 0 0

2. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think you should have your dealer look at that. Mine close with minimal force required.

0 0 0

3. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Drivers door only needs closing firmly, but by no means does it need slamming. If closed gently then it often sticks on the first latch and I just try again but a little firmer. Slamming car doors is a big bug bear of mine and the kids know better then to do that. Never felt the need though to mention it when at the dealers for service etc. Doors will give with time as the seals compress through use.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

4. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
    Hi,
    I just got my new A6 C7 2.0 TDI delivered and I have one issue. All the doors require quite much force to properly shut. If I don't use enough force, they would just hook on the first latch. I'ts quite annoying, looks like the seals are in the way or the doors need adjustment? What are your experiences with this model, is it a common thing? Maybe thats just the way those doors are? Before I had a Passat B6 and it was much easier to properly close the door...

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
    What car did you come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Wuffles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
    Before I had a Passat B6 and it was much easier to properly close the door...
    Erm

0 0 0

6. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuffles View Post
    Erm
    I must really get my eyes tested

I noticed this when coming from my mondeo to my a6, heavier door on the a6=better quality but got use to it after closing a poor quality mondeo door for too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    No the doors should not need slamming (and like skibuddy this is a bugbear of mine when people do it.. I'm sure it leads to rattles in the long term).

For the most part the doors should shut with minor encouragement and the assistance of the door spring.

The only thing to be aware of is that the doors on the A6 are pretty light (as large exec car doors go) as the are made of aluminium so a little extra energy may be required as a 'push' in addition to the door spring action, but they should close quietly and easily.

I find that just pushing the door over the mid-way 'pause' is enough to have it close 95% of the time.

0 0 0

8. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the assistance. I will have the dealer check it out on Monday. Btw - if I may ask - is it normal that the blower (heating) makes quite annoying buzzing/humming noise (especially hearable on settings 1-3, without engine running)? I don't mean just normal air flowing sound, just something that sounds like a small motor "zzzzzz". I don't know if it's standard 'feature' or should I also complain

0 0 0

9. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    No.. the fan should not bzzz on any setting. Mention that in addition to the doors.

Damn, you seem to have a "lemon" car.. I hope its just minor crap and it all gets sorted soon so you can enjoy the car.

0 0 0

10. Re: Doors need hard slamming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Do the doors close easier if you have a window open?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast