1. Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had to change the dip beam bulb on my 06 Sharan and the spring clip came off so I had to remove the NS headlight unit to refit it.

Did a bit of looking around on the forum and found the info I needed spread over a few posts so I decided to put it all in one spot in case anyone else is caught out in the future.
    This procedure is probably the same for the Seat Alhambra and the Ford Galaxy but I can't be sure.

Tools needed:

TX 25 bit with handle (at least 150mm long)
    Flat screwdriver

I removed the indicator bulb using the sliding door in the wheel arch first to get the long pull handle out of the way.

Remove the back cover from the unit by lifting the spring clip. Mine was very tight so I resorted to a flat screwdriver.

Remove the two TX 25 screws visible under the round plastic covers on the top of the headlight unit (probably a screwdriver job to get the covers off.)

Loosen the TX 25 screws at the base of the unit, there is one at each side. These can be hard to see but there is an access hole on each side where the long handled TX driver can be inserted. I was able to see the one on the left side by shining a torch through the front grille on the front of the car.
    These screws are a combined screw and washer so only loosen rather than removing them as this will make reassembly a lot easier and will ensure the unit returns to the original position.

It helps to remove the nearest screw (TX25 again) on the front grille as this allows it to flex a bit when removing the unit.

Pull the unit gently to ensure that it is loose then, using as much force as necessary, lever the unit out of the body of the car.

Change any bulbs and clean out any debris that has made it into the rear of the unit.

Reassembly is opposite of removal.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    2006 VW Sharan 1.9 TDi 90 Bhp ANU Engine

5 3 0

2. Re: Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot for the detailed step by step guide.
    I had some pdf's describing the headlight assembly and removal instructions.
    Anyone reading this thread will surely benefit from the above description and the pdf's.
    Assembly overview - headlight.pdf
    Front bumper assembly overview.pdf

Unfortunately the most important pdf "Removing and installing headlight housing" is over the allowed upload limit for this forum. Please PM me and I will email you a copy.
    Supras

2 0 0

3. Re: Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could youn please send me the pdf for removing and installing headkight housing for seat alhambra

0 0 0

4. Re: Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi could you send me the PDF for removing and installing the headlights on seat alhambra, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Please PM me your email id and I will email you the documents as an attachment.
    VW Sharan SL 2004
    Petrol Auto
    7M6, ATM, EQT

0 0 0

6. Re: Sharan headlight removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I was wondering if the PDF on how to remove and install the headlight is still available please. And if so could I have a copy. I have an Alhambra 2014. Thank you.

0 0 0