Notices

User Tag List

Thread: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What kind of ICE does you have and what would you say is going too far? All self installed, here i have a fiesta ghia 07, it has a OEM looking 7 inch headunit with navigation and a reverse camera...then i have a 2001 Nissan micra...embarrassing but its actually a run around and abit of a guinea pig... It has aftermarket sound system which is very very clear and powerful, then it has DRL's, its has navigation, reverse sensors and even Freeview.. it has an aftermarket alarm, glovebox and boot lighting (neither are standard) and then theres the very chavvy LED washer jets which operate with FULL beam and if you thought that was it.. it also has undercar lighting! Now youre doing one of 4 things... 1, wandering why im on this forum..2, laughing at me or my choice of car in regards to the micra..3, questioning why ive spent more than the cars worth on electrical work or 4, youre doing all three lol

Okay, more to the point.. I am buying an A3 very soon hopefully and wanted to know what kind of things you have in your car and what things you'd suggest for me to either install or not install into the audi..

Also, in my dads VW touran, which would you side with, 2 (or maybe 4) 7 inch head rest monitors or 1x 9/10" roof monitor? thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    A3 I have RNSE (nav), OEM bluetooth Audi music interface and the standard Audi DSP Sound system (sport models upwards).

A6 I have MMI 2g High, with nav, dab, cd changer, standard audi DSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 1 0

3. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Sharan with a non functional cd player if that counts
    2006 VW Sharan 1.9 TDi 90 Bhp ANU Engine

1 1 0

4. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dreddfan View Post
    I have a Sharan with a non functional cd player if that counts
    Like added hahah!

Why not get DRL's on your A3 chris? That will be the first thing i do, just where the fog lights are

What is MMI 2?

0 0 0

5. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .: JaCkPoT :. View Post
    Like added hahah!

Why not get DRL's on your A3 chris? That will be the first thing i do, just where the fog lights are

What is MMI 2?
    With my A3 being facelift, it does have DRLs albeit halogen. Mmi 2g is the multimedia bits for the bigger cars, something like the rnse but it integrates within the car and car settings can be changed.

1 1 0

6. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    mjhamilton Guest
    For me on any car something as close to OE look as possible is what does it for me

But then I am now rapidly heading for the age where is guess I am old and dig all he 'ICE' stuff many years ago so it is officially out of my system

0 0 0

7. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

8. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Audi Concert as came from the factory in mine, and to be fair its pretty good - the radio reception is fantastic on it, never a hiss or a crackle, which is quite something for an FM unit around here. Back in the day, I would always want to try and improve the iCE in some way or another, but to be fair that was in the days when a stereo that could handle metal or chrome cassettes was a thing to be desired

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

0 0 0

9. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    reading replies...i think my age or lack of it, is beginning to show!

@chris, i see! just checked images on google

0 0 0

10. Re: In car entertainment, what do you have and what is classed as going too far? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a wireless in my Vauxhall Corsa...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast