Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Thought i'd ask an Audi dealer how much it would be to retrofit an AMI to my A6 (60 plate) MMI 3G. They phoned back about 15 minutes later saying around £570!

I said it seemed a bit pricey and he said yeah, they recommend using a place near them in Derby called Mobile Solutions, that do it for £300 all in lol

Oh well, might do it myself anyway, need to weigh up the worth of buying VCDS and what i'd do with it.

Hope that's a little help to you guys

Owen.

0 0 0

2. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Fit it yourself, the cutout is there on facelift gloveboxes for the little port, drop the glovebox, push out the little insert, connect the cable into the back of the 5F unit (Audi multimedia) in your glovebox and get it activated (I think it shows this on the thread I PM'd you) and have some fun doing it!

0 0 0

3. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I presume the activation is with vcds then through the green menu as in that thread? Easy then And yes, most likely doing it myself hehe

0 0 0

4. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've bought a used AMI 3G cable off Ebay, and bought an IPOD lead seperately for £10. Does this look ok for the AMI?

Genuine Audi A4 A5 A6 A7 Q5 3G AMI Audi Music Interface iPod iPhone adapter | eBay

Hopefully be with me before the weekend so I can get it fitted, and ordering the VCDS from Nigel when I can reply to his PM!!

Owen.

0 0 0

5. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Looks dead on, update when done!

btw - get these 20pc Car Radio Stereo Removal Tools Set Removal Keys WW Audi BMW Ford Mercedes | eBay okay they're dearer than normal radio keys but those cheap flimsy things wont do the job, those are recommended by nigel himself and after I bought them, I wouldn't look anywhere else for keys.

1 1 0

6. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, got it all fitted today!

Really happy with it all and so easy. Cost £110 for the AMI cable (Ebay) and £10 for the Ipod cable (Ebay). had to buy the VCDS cable but this'll come in handy for many other things.

I was a little confused where it all plugged in before I took the glove box out, but just to confirm that the AMI plugs into the back of the Nav DVD drive, with the SD card slots (for the facelift anyway). I'll post a couple of pictures when I've got them on the internet somewhere.

Cheers for all the help.

Owen.
    Audi A6 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition (60 Reg) Phantom Black

1 2 0

7. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Super, the first of many retrofits! Once you do one you'll get bitten by the retrofit bug, prepare to dig deep for those pennies!

0 1 0

8. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, how easy is it too drop the glove box, any tips I should know about, I've just ordered my ami cable from eBay, from the link you sent me a month or so ago A6 Chris, quiet fancy doing the install myself...
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 Tdi S-Line

0 0 0

9. AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    3 bolts along the top edge with the door open, 2 below near your feet would be and one on the inside panel which you pop off the end of the dash.

8mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: AMI retrofit from Audi - Not happening lol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beefbops View Post
    Hey guys, how easy is it too drop the glove box, any tips I should know about, I've just ordered my ami cable from eBay, from the link you sent me a month or so ago A6 Chris, quiet fancy doing the install myself...
    I'll send you a couple of photos when I'm back on my pc. It's really easy just make sure you catch it as it is fairly heavy, but as A6_Chris says not much to do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition (60 Reg) Phantom Black

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast