1. Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the HUD option and be willing to share a photo of how it looks in real life? I've seen the HUD on my dads Prius (albeit not from the driving seat) and just wondered how it actually looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

2. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Happy to oblige!

The HUD provides driver info: current speed, speed limit and sat nav instructions (maybe more but I've not seen anything else) projected on to the windscreen so that it appears as if it is a the end of the bonnet. You can only see it from head height from the driver's seat, the passenger can't see anything. You can see on the first photo the projection unit on the dashboard.

I like it. You can adjust the height, and switch it off as well. The only problem I have found is that it doesn't auto dim, so at night you can see the outline of the screen.

IMG_1483.jpgIMG_1484.jpg
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

2 0 0

3. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    That's awesome, thank you. Far less intrusive than some of the other pictures ive seen on the net hence why I asked for a real life picture.

I don't suppose you find it gets in the way at all or obstructs your view? From the pics you kindly posted I doubt it.

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    That's awesome, thank you. Far less intrusive than some of the other pictures ive seen on the net hence why I asked for a real life picture.

I don't suppose you find it gets in the way at all or obstructs your view? From the pics you kindly posted I doubt it.

No, it's quite small, and only a reflection, so you can see "through" it. And of course you can switch it off in an instant with one press of an button next to the light switch (as opposed to buried in the MMI somewhere). Also the button protrudes from the light swith controls so you can locate it easily without taking eyes off the road.

0 0 0

5. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Brilliant, thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 0 0

6. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I don`t have any pictures available, but can add the following info: I have the HUD om my 3.0 180kw TDI S-Line.

-If the "Lap timer" option is programmed using VCDS, you will get gearselect info and oil temp displayed on the HUD together with the speed.
    -If you have the speed limit camera option on your car, you will have the speed limit displayed as well.
    -If you have the Adaptive Cruise Control, you will have the distance to the next car symbol displayed.
    -On my car the brightness do auto adjust. I.e when it gets dark (like in a tunnel) the digits are auto dimmed.

Although quite expensive, I do not regret the HUD. It is a good aid, and quite cool as well :-)
    Wife & kids: 2012 VW Sharan Highline 2.0 TDI 4Motion, Pantheon Grey metallic, 17" Jarama
    Man: 2014 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 TDI S-Line, Daytona Grey pearleffect, 20" 5 arm rotor design titan optic

0 0 0

7. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    This is what I'd found online and made me worry slightly hence my question...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1920x1440.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it doesn`t look like that. There is no visible box with digits inside. Only the digits are visible, and as mentioned they are auto dimmed all the time. Not between dark and bright as two settings, but seemlessly increased or decreased depending of how light is measured by the car`s lightsensor. You can also manually set the brightness.
    Wife & kids: 2012 VW Sharan Highline 2.0 TDI 4Motion, Pantheon Grey metallic, 17" Jarama
    Man: 2014 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 TDI S-Line, Daytona Grey pearleffect, 20" 5 arm rotor design titan optic

0 0 0

9. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Not had our car long, but agree 100% it does not obstruct your view, its almost like you dont see it unless you want to look at it if that makes sense. I have driven a prius (older model) and the Audi system is much better in my opinion.

0 0 0

10. Re: Hud 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed that is a terrible photo reminiscent of something from PSD : Photoshop DisastersÂ* |

I would refer you back to my original photos for what it actually looks like.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast