Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

I have a year 2000 A6 Avant 2.7T, which is now exhibiting the wiper linkage "arthritis" problem. So having viewed a few Youtube videos, thought that looks relatively easy to change.

It's a tight squeeze to remove the wiper linkage and motor assembly - very tight indeed. I had to loosen the cpu housing in order to get the extra space to do the job. The linkage assembly is totally seized so will try to dismantle and re-assemble using as much WD40 and copper grease as is required. I'll be able to check the motor operation once I remove the motor from the linkage assembly. I'm not done yet.

So the car is minus, wipers, wiper motor and linkage assembly, whilst I try to correct this problem. Interesting point though. When putting the key back in the ignition, the car does not turn over and start. So without the wiper motor in situ, Audi's cpu may do initial checks and then "says no" when it sees no wiper motor in place, OR I might have knocked something or disturbed something else in the process.

Any advice is widely appreciated.

best regards
    Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: Front wiper motor and linkage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    you will probably have done what i did!!, when pulling the ECU you will have undid a connector by mistake, i did this i think it was a red one, but basically check in the hole under the ecu to see what you may have accidentally unplugged, there are a few, it is nothing to do with the wipers not being there!!

when i turned the key it was dead, the dash lit up but no click for a starter, in my case i had the car back together before i notheced this, wipers back on the lot!! i had to strip it back to get the ecu cover off and lift the ecu a little to find it

to stip the wiper linkage there is a small circlip holding the shaft in place, remove it and its washer and try to take the shaft out, i had to use heat

regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Front wiper linkage compatibility
    By Bigpiug in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 0