1. Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thought I'd share my experience with this recent dash camera I bought from eBay

1280P HD Vehicle DVR Car Dash IR Camera Video Recorder | eBay

Not the most expensive I know, but it was tried and tested on another forum. I bought one about a year back but I had to return it due to a fault. So thought I'd give it another go.
    I know a few people run these here but if your looking for a cheap alternative this is a bargain. Only additional item i needed was an SD card, which I had already

I'm thing about a rear camera also and was looking into something more discreet. Like the link below.

Smallest HD 720P Mini in Car Dash Camera DVR Video Register Recorder G-Sensor | eBay

Anyways thoughts and opinions always welcome! Here are some clips from my setup...

Day Time Clips
    Dash Camera - YouTube

Dash Camera - YouTube

Quite impressed with the night vision
    Dash Camera Night Vision - YouTube

2 3 0

2. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I'm getting one of these for sure for both cars once I pay this months bills. I had a bump where someone reversed into me and caused £800's worth of damage to my A3, he admitted fault and paid me cash but this could've been a lifesaver for my insurance if he denied and it ended up 50/50 which thankfully it didn't.

I was looking at Blackvue and Roadhawk, both seem pretty well known. All my company vehicles have them too and have saved awkward and sticky situations where the 3rd party denied fault but actually were at fault.

Excellent addition to the car, they should be made compulsory to have but I can never see that happening.

1 1 0

3. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    If money was no issue I'd be all over a 'Road Hawk' like a rash.... Especially as it records GPS and speed etc!

1 0 0

4. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlyM View Post
    If money was no issue I'd be all over a 'Road Hawk' like a rash.... Especially as it records GPS and speed etc!
    But on occassions would you not have to make a Citizens Arrest on yourself
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

1 0 0

5. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTM View Post
    But on occassions would you not have to make a Citizens Arrest on yourself
    But aren't all the Police in the Masons? So he could just do the special handshake on himself & he'd get off with it. Wait, that sounds very wrong .
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 2 0

6. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Ha ha! In all honesty I drive within the limits 99% of the time... Gotta young family so have to!

I do however allow for a 1% margin of error for when I'm by myself on a very rare occasion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

1 1 0

7. Re: Dash Camera 
    mjhamilton Guest
    These are actually pretty neat devices for the money, may order one out of curiosity to see what the build quality is like

1 0 0

8. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Another forum user (Akash I think) has two camera's (front and rear) running and has experienced a flat/low battery more than once (if my memory serves).

Would be ideal if they could be powered by an auxillary leisure type battery (as in caravans and motorhomes) that will leave your car battery unaffected.

I do think that the days of 'the funny handshake' are behind us except in the most elite of circles in very rural areas, can anyone remember tales of yore like:

1) Policemen leaving the pub drunk and having their caps on the parcel shelf to stop them being stopped
    2) People getting off with lower charges in court or being a member of a particular organisation

Now I will admit to having been a magistrate a few years back in West Essex and received multiple approaches to become (what I call) a Maisonette.

When I got my first ever 6 points last year and after the sentence was passed I told the Magistrate that I used to be one, his response was 'If you had shared that information with us before we had sentenced you would have lost your license'. I thought that quite refreshing

Like Aly I'll make effort to drive within the prevailing legal and road conditions due to two children still in booster seats.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

1 0 0

9. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    It is indeed Akash, I think he has them plugged into the 12v tho which explains the drain.

If I were to get one which hopefully happen next month ill be getting them wired into the fusebox so there's a switched feed going to them, not permanent. Well research this afternoon and mention it to the mrs.

1 0 0

10. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The device I bought takes an old 'Nokia' phone battery. I'm in the process of trying to find a longer life one. The good thing is that the cameras isn't always on! As it only turns on and starts recording as it detects movement for a set amount of time. Kind of like a PIR sensor... Currently it says it has 3hours of continuous recording.. *which I doubt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

0 0 0

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast