Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I disagree
    Front/Back gives you more security and these days it no longer is a 100% fault if hit from behind.
    There are also changes front plates are different to rear - I have had footage of a cash/crash scam my 550 Blackvue captured and it caught a number of things:
    1. There are now 2 cars involved + victim now and no longer is it down to 1 car swerving in front of another
    2. It showed the rear traffic/options to swerve/not swerve etc

I also caught a neighbour going into the back of me while parking - and again in a supermarket carpark.

BUT

I will also say that Blackvue / pittasoft are NOT reliable.
    I have had every version since the 300
    (so thats 300, 350, 400, 400 v2, 500 wifi, 550 dual(current)
    300 was ok, 350 killed memory cards, 400 v1 died due to sun heat (known issue), v2 was not too bad but started to corrupt memory cards 8 months in, 500 was too beta-ish, and 550 has killed my DAB, can't keep timestamps which then messes up the GPS. And wifi is just useless /stutters despite the various changes in settings.

Support - rubbish to put it bluntly.
    And now you have to get it from an authorised BV supplier otherwise you get zilch support- I made the mistake of assuming my amazon bought 550 qualified. When it came to grabbing support, sorry sir, your serial number comes up as a grey import.
    They would not even send a replacement DAB cable which IS a known issue on ALL 550's not just UK ones.

I am just waiting for mi-witness to bring out a full 1080 version rather than their 720p and I will change.
    And yes the difference IS noticable between the two res.

So yes it started off good - but didnt' last
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

2. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You missed out the 380

0 0 0

3. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Indeed - I bought a cheapy one from Amazon between 350 and 400 but that one didnt record on motion only when parked
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

4. Re: Dash Camera 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I was under the same impression as Chris - that anyone going into the back of you was assumed to be at fault. I've heard of someone being rear-ended because they suddenly stopped at a set of lights despite the fact they were on green. The person behind was still at fault because they were deemed to be too close at the time & didn't leave space or time to react.

I can see that it may help prove that front & rear plates on another car didn't match. Anything else though, I can't see the extra cost justifies it.

Think I may go for this little beauty - GS6000 A7 / Samoon 3H2F

2304x1296 @ 30fps, takes a 64gig ad card & a 3mp sensor. Seems good to me, any thoughts from you guys who know more about dashcams before I tell the missus to buy me this one?
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011