Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A5 2.0TFSI Oil consumption unbelievble!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So.........

Pull up outside Audi next morning so they can dip it properly with fingers crossed its over full and sensor gone.......and the result? 2 litres TO LITTLE!!! what? Audi put the optimum oil in (free of charge !!) and the oil MMI shows the correct level!!! Damn...
    They state there must be a problem some where and "this is no the first one!!" Drive around come back thursday and we can see how much "burnt!"

Call Garage i bought from and they say may need new engine so leave it with them!

Thanks you to Audi at CHeshire oaks for dropping everything and assisting my wife with the oil level ,....for free! SUperb!

1 0 0

2. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Good to hear you're getting support from both parties ... keep us posted mate ...

0 0 0

3. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So garage decided to collect and refund all costs! which i got. So to Autochoice Bristol thank you. Cant blame them for somthing hidden.

Sooooooooo..... new car is a 62 plate 2.0tfsi Quattro s line! surly cant get bitten twice ;-) ( at least have warranty!)

1 1 0

4. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My A5 2.0t FSI Cab 2010 had 70k and burnt one litre every 380 miles! Audi bypassed the level 1 repair (crank case breather and remap) and advised the full stage 2 with new Pistons/rings/rods! £4600!! Audi Germany contribute £1500 which is 70% of the parts cost! The remaining £3100 can then be split between Audi (Local dealer) Independent garage and owner...or any combination!

Mine is currently in for Stage 2 and I have a brand new Loaner...A5 Quattro! to run around in.

Local Audi dealer and my Independent have agree to foot the full cost of repairs. IMO a 3 way split! Fantastic outcome...since it's out of Warranty and bought from an Indi!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    glendog74 Guest
    We had the same happen on our 2.0TFSI - excessive oil consumption and ludicrously low mpg figures.

Thankfully ours was sorted under warranty but this sadly seems an all too common issue with the petrol turbo cars...

0 0 0

6. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Try Millers Glaze Bust oil for 500 miles www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69027-millers-oils-liquid-glaze-bust.aspx and then run it only normal basic 15w/40 mineral oil and see how it goes, we have tried this on the 2 litre TFSI engine in an A5 with so far good results, we are waiting on a miles per lire figure from the owner. We bought both from Opie oil and the mineral oil we used was just a basic Fuchs Titan 15w/40.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a5hers View Post
    My A5 2.0t FSI Cab 2010 had 70k and burnt one litre every 380 miles! Audi bypassed the level 1 repair (crank case breather and remap) and advised the full stage 2 with new Pistons/rings/rods! £4600!! Audi Germany contribute £1500 which is 70% of the parts cost! The remaining £3100 can then be split between Audi (Local dealer) Independent garage and owner...or any combination!

Mine is currently in for Stage 2 and I have a brand new Loaner...A5 Quattro! to run around in.

Local Audi dealer and my Independent have agree to foot the full cost of repairs. IMO a 3 way split! Fantastic outcome...since it's out of Warranty and bought from an Indi!!!
    I have just bought a 2009 audi with an EA888 engine.. 65k miles.. third time the oil light has just come on now in as many weeks, I've put in about 650ml of oil and done about 400 miles.. maybe less.. how did you go about getting the above arranged? I'm in the UK..

I bought from an independent dealer..

Do I take it back (not local) and try and get shot of it or try and arrange getting it fixed? Looks like nobody has had that much luck from the stage 1 fix.. I took an optional 3 month warranty too with a third party though I understand that it's not likely to help in this situation.. the car has a good service record from new and was well looked after but the audi warranty is obviously long gone (6 year sale of goods act?)

On my every day 10 mile round trip commute I'm getting 21 mpg now with premium fuel..

Any help much appreciated!

0 0 0

8. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car was also bought over 200 miles away you need to read the trade description act consumer I wrote a letter within the first one week of purchasing the car sale was not happy but gave them the opportunity to correct but after two weeks of no resolution asked the car to be taken after much to-ing and fro-ing eventually they came down to collect the car at their own expense and was refunded I forgot to mention I also had a independent assessor take photos and create a report highlighting the piston issue oil problem and send directly to the independent dealer which also was refunded on collection of the vehicle

customers do not realise they have many rights when purchasing a car from independent dealer up to 3 months they can return the car if not happy due to the consumer act.

So my advice to you would be to 1st of all get a independence accredited assessor to come out and take a look at the car which may cost you approximately 150 and also let the guys know that you are not happy with the car you want to return the car and you will also be providing them with the independent report

1 1 0

9. A5 2.0TFSI Oil consumption unbelievble! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is starting to gain momentum... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v5fjk BBC - Programmes - BBC Radio 4 - You and Yours, Delivery delays; Audi problem; 'Gripe sites' censored You'll find loads of information at 2.0T Oil issue engine repair cost | Audi-Sport.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crazyfool; 23-12-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 0 0

10. Re: A$ 2.0TFSI Oil consumption un-believble!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gonogo View Post
    I have just bought a 2009 audi with an EA888 engine.. 65k miles.. third time the oil light has just come on now in as many weeks, I've put in about 650ml of oil and done about 400 miles.. maybe less.. how did you go about getting the above arranged? I'm in the UK..

I bought from an independent dealer..

Do I take it back (not local) and try and get shot of it or try and arrange getting it fixed? Looks like nobody has had that much luck from the stage 1 fix.. I took an optional 3 month warranty too with a third party though I understand that it's not likely to help in this situation.. the car has a good service record from new and was well looked after but the audi warranty is obviously long gone (6 year sale of goods act?)

On my every day 10 mile round trip commute I'm getting 21 mpg now with premium fuel.

Any help much appreciated!
    Cat amongst pigeons time: you might consider ditching it for a diesel?

Quiet, powerful and refined, doesn't use ANY oil and well, as for 21 mpg, I reckon that would just about be impossible. I can do twice that on a short 8 to 10 mile journey, although I balance it out with longer journeys. If I absolutely rag it, I would still expect to achieve the petrols published mpg figures, let alone it's real world figures.

I'm not convinced about this 'diesel is for high mileage/motorway drivers'. I think it is a fine drive, and from what I am reading here, better day to day running costs! At the end of the day it's personal choice but the numbers don't seem to add up do they?

Coming back to your point, I ditched my money-pit a4 just because it failed an MOT at 45k miles, and I considered that unacceptable. I would certainly not keep any car where you measure its oil usage in mpg! Crazy!
    A5 (Cabriolet) 2.0 TDI 177PS S-Line - Scuba blue, Technology pack (high), B&O soundsystem, Bluetooth (low), Heated seats, Autoglym life shine.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast