Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks

I have an 2007 A6 2.0 TDI. I have had a few issues with the car eg common balance shaft issue on these BRE engines, which have been repaired.

However I am now getting a low oil level light constantly popping up. I dip for oil and its bang on but the light wont go off. I heard that there is a sensor in the bonnet that knows when you have opened it to top up oil and so it resets the warning when the bonnet has been opened for 30 secs. Audi said this was a fault with the sensor in the bonnet catch so I replaced that but still the same issues.

I have noticed that after you open the bonnet and the warning disappears and you can drive for aprox 30/35 miles with no warning, but then after that it comes on again and you then repeat the opening the bonnet to reset which is annoying!! I have also checked the car for errors but nothing comes up on the diagnostics.

Has anyone had any similar issues or can suggest anything to help try and resolve?

thanks for your input

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Assuming the light is orange and not red disconnect and touch the battery cables together for a few seconds to clear the light.

The problem is more than likely the oil level sensor.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

3. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh forgot to mention, the display also says one of the main headlight bulbs is out, which it isnt! Again this error pops up at different times and you can reset it by turning the lights on manually if you had them on auto. Not sure if they are linked??

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sam

There is no real colour, the error comes up on screen in the display area as text which is all one colour. There are no old fashioned symbols on the dash which light up

When you say touch the battery cables together, do you mean the battery in the boot?

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sitchey View Post
    Hi Sam

There is no real colour, the error comes up on screen in the display area as text which is all one colour. There are no old fashioned symbols on the dash which light up

When you say touch the battery cables together, do you mean the battery in the boot?
    Damn those posh Audis and their fancy screens !

If the battery in the boot is the main car battery, then yes

I'd hold off doing anything for now though, considering your other issue. You may do more harm than good.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 1 0

6. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok will do

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Stichy ...

Perhaps a fault scan will show oil sensor is iffy ... did Audi do a scan?

There is no real colour, the error comes up on screen in the display area as text which is all one colour.
    Stichey do you have the monochrome red only DIS?

DIS.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Hi Stichy ...

DIS.jpg
    Hi Gups

Audi didnt do the scan, but my friend did with the snapon devices and no errors popped up

yea its the same display but mine can show a few colours (yellow, white, red).... wow wee!! I have attached an image of the error.

The bulb error didn't come on when I started the car as that fault is interment, but when it does the oil icon switches between that and the bulb.

IMG_2050.jpgIMG_2051.jpg

1 0 0

9. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Hi Stichy ...

And when you say oil sensor, you mean the one in the sump?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 Low Oil Light Constantly On 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Audi didnt do the scan, but my friend did with the snapon devices and no errors popped up

yea its the same display but mine can show a few colours (yellow, white, red).... wow wee!! I have attached an image of the error.
    I would have thought a Snap-On Tool would pick it up but ... you have then colour DIS, not monochrome which I posted ...

And when you say oil sensor, you mean the one in the sump?
    Yep ... G266 is the sensor's VAG SDC code ... P/N is 06E 907 660 approx. £90 plus O ring P/N 038 103 196 approx. £3 ...

This image here is same as what is fitted to yours Link:- Audi Portal: Sensors Diagnostic G266
    Disregard that it states a differing model/engine on that page, that is the image shown in VAG guide for your car ...

That sensor does oil temp as well as level ... if you not getting any fault codes if replacing it would help ...

Try a PM to Crasher or Zollaf or maybe another member will pop along with more help ...

1 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast