Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I have a 2.0 Sport. And im looking to improve its performance so looking for a kind of guide to part purchase and installation. Im assuming the best thing will be to start off getting the gasses out quicker? so maybe a new exhaust, Filter. Then maybe an engine re-map? also it being a 2.0 sport, is it possible to take it up to a Turbo? or is that a straight non starter?

Thanks for any info, obviously im thinking ahead for after i fix my stalling problem

Wayne

0 0 0

2. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When Tuning, It's always best to get the Breathing sorted first, So your first port of Call would be Performance Air Filter, Exhaust etc. Then Remap it. Any car can have a Turbo Retro Fitted but can be ridiculously expensive, If you were thinking about that, then maybe a Supercharger would be a better option would sound Awesome!!!!

Where in London are you? the guy that done my Remap is great, he's in Kent but does come out at an extra cost.
    1.8Turbo. Stage 1 Tuned 215bhp
    l Powerflow Cat Back Exhaust l Carbonio Cold Air Intake l Forge 007P Diverter l Stage 1 Remap l Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar Clutch l 40mm Apex Lowering Springs l HZ Altezza Front skirt l HZ Altezza side skirts l HZ Altezza spoiler l Votex Rear Bumper l 19" RS6 Alloys l 312mm Brake Upgrade l 2007 S-Line Interior l

1 1 0

3. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam.bird3 View Post
    When Tuning, It's always best to get the Breathing sorted first, So your first port of Call would be Performance Air Filter, Exhaust etc. Then Remap it. Any car can have a Turbo Retro Fitted but can be ridiculously expensive, If you were thinking about that, then maybe a Supercharger would be a better option would sound Awesome!!!!

Where in London are you? the guy that done my Remap is great, he's in Kent but does come out at an extra cost.
    Im in Walthamstow so Kent is an easy go to option. I dont know how much a turbo or Supercharger would cost, but its something ill take into consideration for the future. Thanks for your advice. Can you guys recommend me the right kind of Filter then Exhaust etc

0 0 0

4. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you've got a 2.0 NA the costs involved would far outweigh any performance gains.

Unless the car is spotless and already heavily modified (visually) you're better off saving your pennies for either an engine swap (never build what you can buy!) or a new car.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

5. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Completey agree with What mycarsavw says above.

But if you want mild tuning, The weapon of Choice for all Audis is the Milltek Exhaust, but this can be very expensive. But definitely worth the Money. Or you could get a Custom Built one. I had mine done in Chadwell Heath so not too far from you, cost £490 and i'm well pleased with the Sound and Look.

When it comes to Air Filters the standard air box is perfectly fine so a Performance panel filter from Pipercross or K&N will be perfect. I've got a Carbonio which retails at about £300 but that only cos I got it at a stupidly low price and it sounds Awesome with the Turbo and Forge Recirc Valve.
    I wouldn't waste my money on an Induction Kit as you will not see any more gains than from a Panel filter for £30
    l Powerflow Cat Back Exhaust l Carbonio Cold Air Intake l Forge 007P Diverter l Stage 1 Remap l Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar Clutch l 40mm Apex Lowering Springs l HZ Altezza Front skirt l HZ Altezza side skirts l HZ Altezza spoiler l Votex Rear Bumper l 19" RS6 Alloys l 312mm Brake Upgrade l 2007 S-Line Interior l

0 0 0

6. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To get massive gains you need to look at turbo/supercharging with the latter costing more than the car is probably worth.

As an example, to s/c the 3.0L V6 B6 you're looking at £5k - Audi A4 (B6) 3.0 V6 Supercharger kit by Audi Superchargers UK.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

7. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But how nice does it sound!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

I think the Nicest thing I've heard (and seen ) is a B6 S4 with a Full Milltek Exhaust & Supercharger on it! My god did that thing Scream!!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the Nicest thing I've heard (and seen ) is a B6 S4 with a Full Milltek Exhaust & Supercharger on it! My god did that thing Scream!!!
    Scratch that!!!!!!

The nicest thing I've now seen is that Supercharged R8 from that Link!! shame that Bloke didn't shut up so we could hear it properly!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scratch that!!!!!!

The nicest thing I've now seen is that Supercharged R8 from that Link!! shame that Bloke didn't shut up so we could hear it properly!!
    Changed my mind again!!!!

Just watched the video of the Supercharged S4 Cabrio on the Dyno in that Link. Back to loving the S4 again lol

0 0 0

10. Re: Performance Progression Parts ( order to think about buying ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Start watching from 30 seconds. I love it when he starts Laughing. You just Know how much fun that was driving that thing!!

Supercharged & Meth Injected 2007 RS4 - YouTube

That is the car I want!! just need to save about £50,000

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast