Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anilberke View Post
    With a full tank result :

That works out to 52 mpg..............still a long way off the 74 mpg quoted by VW

D
    1.6 DTI Blue Motion Technology, DSG, Pacific Blue Metallic.

0 0 0

3. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdick View Post
    That works out to 52 mpg..............still a long way off the 74 mpg quoted by VW

D
    but in a heavy city traffic. Everyday after a cold start drive to work for 35km and 35km back to home.

imagine a 15min traffic like this and after that light-heavy traffic for 20min

0 0 0

4. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a Driving Instructor so my car gets used and abused regularly! Most driving is done in and around town, on housing estates and with numerous repeated manouevres. Having coverd just over 5k Miles I have no dpf issues because the engine is running all day and it gets the occasional dual carriageway blast. My fuel figures, calculated manually on fuel used to fill, and mileage, give me a regular 48.8mpg using the eco setting. On the long motorway runs I've done I can get 60mpg easily cruising at 70mph over 30-40 miles. In Ireland recently I achieved over 70mpg covering 100 or so miles, cruising at 50-60mph. overall I'm very pleased with the car and am saving about 10% over my Mk6 1.6tdi Golf.
    Mk7 Golf SE 1.6 tdi with Urano Grey paint, 2 zone climate control, winter pack, mirror pack and front and rear parking sensors.

0 0 0

5. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but in a heavy city traffic. Everyday after a cold start drive to work for 35km and 35km back to home.

imagine a 15min traffic like this and after that light-heavy traffic for 20min

Ah well......................your getting good results that's for sure

Must be the 35km journeys.........the 1.6 I have does not get enough Motorway/Dual Carriageway miles for it to work properly say VW. I was definitely miss-sold this car as I came into this Golf from a diesel car (with DPF) that gave none of the regen stuff that I get now that is costing me so dearly with fuel. The VW way is not my way it seems with the new diesel cars

D

0 0 0

6. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEP1041 View Post
    I'm a Driving Instructor so my car gets used and abused regularly! Most driving is done in and around town, on housing estates and with numerous repeated manouevres. Having coverd just over 5k Miles I have no dpf issues because the engine is running all day and it gets the occasional dual carriageway blast. My fuel figures, calculated manually on fuel used to fill, and mileage, give me a regular 48.8mpg using the eco setting. On the long motorway runs I've done I can get 60mpg easily cruising at 70mph over 30-40 miles. In Ireland recently I achieved over 70mpg covering 100 or so miles, cruising at 50-60mph. overall I'm very pleased with the car and am saving about 10% over my Mk6 1.6tdi Golf.
    Well done that man !!

I think your the first I've heard of who is bettering the Mk6 for fuel economy.................the DPF has to be the problem for us folks who only do comparatively low mileages. I also think that the DSG version of the 1.6 has it's own set of issues

D

0 0 0

7. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdick View Post
    Ah well......................your getting good results that's for sure

Must be the 35km journeys.........the 1.6 I have does not get enough Motorway/Dual Carriageway miles for it to work properly say VW. I was definitely miss-sold this car as I came into this Golf from a diesel car (with DPF) that gave none of the regen stuff that I get now that is costing me so dearly with fuel. The VW way is not my way it seems with the new diesel cars

D
    It's just being better and better

after we talked about this issue I switched my car to eco mode and the result is : ( of course I changed my driving style in order to see this )

0 0 0

8. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the answer seems to be to run at 26mph average ( as it seems your road conditions dictate ) !

0 0 0

9. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by algarve View Post
    So the answer seems to be to run at 26mph average ( as it seems your road conditions dictate ) !
    test case failed. That was a terrible day. Traffic was crazy. Took 35km in 2 hours. (iron maiden concert and a big accident blocked some main roads) Since start consumption jumped to 12lt with aircondition on. Since refuel consuption jumped to 4,8.

0 0 0

10. Re: Fuel consumption/DPF issues 1.6 TDI "Blue motion technology" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    test case failed. That was a terrible day. Traffic was crazy. Took 35km in 2 hours. (iron maiden concert and a big accident blocked some main roads) Since start consumption jumped to 12lt with aircondition on. Since refuel consuption jumped to 4,8.
    Damn that Iron Maiden!

I will have to tell Janick Gers how much their concert is hurting car mpg next time I see him.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast