Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Legend..., pure and simple.

Andy thanks for all your help and just to let you know I've sent the item we spoke about. It's rare to meet such a genuine fella, the experience gained from you was invaluable and if I may suggest making short video tutorials to sell as downloads with your product and indeed any other useful tips. Seeing was so much easier to understand. Alberth at Elgato who's local would be your man for that...

Again, thank you!

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the old compressor out, all the piping looks good (air intake etc) and all works well with the new compressor. Opened up the old one and obviously the old piston ring that I changed in february was all too worn and the cylinder was scored and subsequently the new ring was destroyed by this.
    The new compressor hardly goes at all. Conclusion is that one should check the compressor for wear thoroughly and clean it properly.

Just one question; The car now rises automatically to level 3 after parking. Is this how it is supposed to work? (the pump does not go,the car just silently goes up directly after locking)
    I see the hole for air intake in the spare wheel well, is there a filter somewhere???

All the best , and thanks
    Sakke

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Sakke,
    As on your other post
    Im glad its all working well again, yes it will lift to level 3 or the last requested level, so for example if you choose level 2 it will stay at level 2 but if you select level 3 it will be at level 3 until you go faster than 50MPH then it will auto lower to 2 but drive slower than 50MPH for any period of time or park the car then it will auto raise to 3 as it was the last requested level, it just uses air from the storage tank to do this.

HOWEVER: this hole in the spare wheel well should be a filter not just a hole, I suggest checking and buying the filter as this is most likely why your last compressor will have had a damaged cylinder, it will draw in any dirt from the spare wheel well, I suggest fixing this ASAP before you ruin your brand new compressor L, any dirt will score and potentially damage the cylinder,
    I will check the part no for you for the filter but use any filter type material if it is just a hole for now,

Regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andy, just wondered whether there is any benefit to running the air suspension on a lower level say level 1 all the time, could it prolong the airbag life to do this or have an adverse affect?

Chris.
    allroad 2004 2.5 tdi (BAU) 5 speed Tiptronic

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Chris, don't think there is any evidence either way, some say cycle it through the levels just to make it work now and again, but its an Audi, well built and so use it whatever way you see fit, to suit your needs

sorry I cannot give a more scientific explanation, just enjoy it at any level

regards
    Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andy,
    My dad has just bought a repair kit from you (sent to Nottingham)
    And unfortunately it seems that the piston wasn't the issue.
    The symptoms are:
    Car was on level 3 before the kit was installed, didn't sink over night or anything.
    Put the car on level 1.. Went down fine. Now won't go back up, tries for 2 mins before giving the warning light on dash. Turning car off and then back on gets rid of the warning light.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    James
    2001 Audi A6 Allroad 2.7t
    2003 Audi A2 TDI SE
    2004 Audi A2 TDI 90 SE

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi James,

I sent a message to your dad also, if the car lifted better with the old ring and the new ring "seems" worse you need to double check it has been fitted up the correct way, if upside down it will not work well at all, double check this. it must fit around the small pin in the piston.

if the compressor performance is the same as the old ring then perhaps another issue but 1st double check the new ring is up the correct way or not jammed on the small pin, see video for ref:

Kirbie Engineering - Repair Kit for Audi allroad Wabco Air Suspension Compressor - YouTube

let me know what you find

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpipingandy View Post
    Hi James,

I sent a message to your dad also, if the car lifted better with the old ring and the new ring "seems" worse you need to double check it has been fitted up the correct way, if upside down it will not work well at all, double check this. it must fit around the small pin in the piston.

if the compressor performance is the same as the old ring then perhaps another issue but 1st double check the new ring is up the correct way or not jammed on the small pin, see video for ref:

Kirbie Engineering - Repair Kit for Audi allroad Wabco Air Suspension Compressor - YouTube

let me know what you find

regards

Andy
    Hi Andy, it was indeed upside down!
    Seems to have cured it! Now swaps between all levels without issue. Thanks for all your help.
    James
    2001 Audi A6 Allroad 2.7t
    2003 Audi A2 TDI SE
    2004 Audi A2 TDI 90 SE

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james23 View Post
    Hi Andy, it was indeed upside down!
    Seems to have cured it! Now swaps between all levels without issue. Thanks for all your help.
    James

good man!! it's very common people fitting it upside down!! follow the instructions I say

best regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have 2001 allroad, I have been having problems with the suspension moving up levels slowly and then stuck in level 1 without signs of sinking. I guessed from a noisy compressor running regular with weak performance.
    my problem is I have fitted a new piston ring and refitted compressor to find still no pressure, so I stripped compressor to find o ring seal had stuck 1 valve. Compressor now working fine. Tested with pipe off to valve block.
    While doing this I have lost pressure in air bags and car now sits on the bump stops in all 4 corners unable to raise back to level 1.
    i know the compressor is good, how do I fill up the system ? Anybody know ?
    thanks Owen

0 0 0

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast