1. Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an A6 Allroad 2.5TDI on a 55 plate 2005, the air suspension warning light keeps on flashing and does not allow the suspension to raise above level 1, if it does not flash/come on and you press for the next level it starts flashing and no movement - any ideas on what could be causing this?

Cheers

Neil Young

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Neil check around and do a search on this, on this forum.

It may be a problem with the compressor which could cost £££ but we have a great guy here called "bagpipingandy" who has manufactured a small seal type kit that may be able to resolve the issues with your compressor IF thats the problem.

Do a search under his name and all the results will pop up for you

I hope that is the issues as it could be a quick easy and cheap fix for you..........fingers crossed

Good luck

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
    I have an A6 Allroad 2.5TDI on a 55 plate 2005, the air suspension warning light keeps on flashing and does not allow the suspension to raise above level 1, if it does not flash/come on and you press for the next level it starts flashing and no movement - any ideas on what could be causing this?

Cheers

Neil Young
    Hi,

Do a search for some of Bagpipingandy's posts - he's something of an expert on the Allroad suspension setup.

Here's one to get you started:

Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

3 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
    I have an A6 Allroad 2.5TDI on a 55 plate 2005, the air suspension warning light keeps on flashing and does not allow the suspension to raise above level 1, if it does not flash/come on and you press for the next level it starts flashing and no movement - any ideas on what could be causing this?CheersNeil Young
    Hi Neil,I've got some questions to help us understand what could be up:what light is flashing? is it the yellow error light (car with up and down arrow in rev counter) or level 1-2 green light?is the car sitting nicely and level at level 1 or on the bump stops at any corner?Assuming it is not level and it is the error light flashing:This flashing means the car is not sitting level and so it is trying to lift and level itself, with the flashing error light it is trying to level itself, can you hear the compressor running/rumbling when it is flashing? it is situated under the car in front of the spare wheel well, it can usually be heard running?the compressor should be running when this light is flashing if it is not running this is the problem, if it is running it may just be tired and out of puff which we can fix ok, it will only run for 120 second and then give up ( the yellow error light comes on solid) but ignition off and on it will try again flashing and lifting, if it is running does the car move upwards? even a little?if you can answer some of the questions above or see if my description matches what you find hopefully we can get you up and running againbest regardsAndy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I can get suspension working again but why does my enter button not work!!!????Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Afternoon,

Can you pls give me a bit of advice on my 2001 allroad suspension based on the following issues:

1) Air compressor is buzzing it head off

2) The front end is on the floor and wont go up so cant drive it.

3) The suspension warning light now stays on all the time

4) Is anyone willing to fix it for beer tokens, would be nice and i will make the tea and pass the tools etc, I live just off junction 26 of the M1 Nottingham. If poss to fix would be nice if some one can accomadate as Im taking my old man away in the car this sunday.

Many thanks

Jamie

0 1 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorrrrry>>>> Hello to everyone from a newbie

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    hi Jamie, is sounds like either a major leak at the front hence the compressor cannot pick it up, that and also possible the compressor may be knackered trying. How long has it been like this?
    jack the front up and inspect both airbags for small cracks/leaks, It may be worth a try if you lift the car a tiny bit so it is still lower than level 1 at the front then see if it will pick itself up,
    If not your compressor may also be knackered, I can offer a repair kit for the compressor here: bagpipingandy | eBay
    but it will not fix the sinking front you need to look at this 1st, no quick fix for this one I’m afraid

Regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.. Its been a fault for about 4 Months as I had to keep switching the engine off as the warning light stayed on, it went up fine on the second go.

Cheers,

Jamie

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have 2001 allroad, I have been having problems with the suspension moving up levels slowly and then stuck in level 1 without signs of sinking. I guessed from a noisy compressor running regular with weak performance.
    my problem is I have fitted a new piston ring and refitted compressor to find still no pressure, so I stripped compressor to find o ring seal had stuck 1 valve. Compressor now working fine. Tested with pipe off to valve block.
    While doing this I have lost pressure in air bags and car now sits on the bump stops in all 4 corners unable to raise back to level 1.
    i know the compressor is good, how do I fill up the system ? Anybody know ?
    thanks Owen

0 0 0

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast