1. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Phutters, I hope you are well, I have not seen any long posts/story's from you recently, keep them coming, I miss a good read!!

Many thanks for your kind words & support, it has been a great response and experience, just proves all it takes is one good idea!! I have sold over 1400 kits now, and now have my own company caller Kirbie Engineering Solutions purely by having this idea, crazy!!

The down side to having a good idea such as this one is that people will copy it and now there are 4 or 5 people who have copied it and now sell this as a kit, so if you are looking for a compressor kit I appreciate your support for the original bagpipingandy kit , the good news is the price is now only £25 for my kit to repair/refurbish your compressor where the only solution previous was to replace the compressor from around £280 or up to £1000 replacement at the dealer!!

I really appreciate everyones support, long may it continue

any questions just ask, Best regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

3 2 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Andy,

I don't have an Allroad but if people create solutions like you have it makes ownership better ...

I noted your solution after JimC64 pointed it out and have once or twice posted it in the C6 section ...

Even if peeps have copied your solution I think forum members will always point you out first IMO ...
    Keep up the good work and I second Phutters on anfor you!

ATB
    G

1 1 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Andy,

Now you're an respected entrepreneur, maybe you could look into other things that make Allroad ownership more expensive than it need be.

First on my list would be a source of shocks that don't cost the earth. Surely a more standard type could be made to fit? If only for the front to avoid doing without the self-levelling on the back..

How about a towbar that can be afforded by people who are not in the aristocracy?
    And a replacement for that ridiculously overpriced "spider hose" breather on the 2.7 petrol....
    Allroad 2.7 TT 2004
    Jensen Interceptor III (Now sadly Sold)
    Giant full-sus Mountain bike
    Urban Mover Electric Mountainboard
    Chinese no-name electric bike

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-jensen View Post
    First on my list would be a source of shocks that don't cost the earth. Surely a more standard type could be made to fit? If only for the front to avoid doing without the self-levelling on the back.
    Hi,

When I was googling for a part I wanted (about 2yrs ago ) I came across this site and for the C5 they have a conversion kit, never researched to see how they compare in £££ ...

Link:- Audi Allroad Suspension – Allroad Air Suspension Conversion Kit

For the Link:- V6 2.5L TDI Link:- V6 2.7L Link:- V6 4.2L

Regards
    G

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gupsterg,

In as much as you can tell form the info, the coil spring conversion kit looks well engineered, and I'm sure would suit 90% of Allroad drivers 90% of the time.

That being said, I think the adjustable height suspension is one of the things that makes the Allroad so.... errr........."Allroad-y". It really wouldn't be the same if it couldn't play the Autobahn stormer one miite, then go crashing over a plowed field the next, with nothing more than a press of a button..

There's really no other car that can do that. (can't include the Volvo Cross-country 'cos it's never gonna cut it as a rewarding drive).

The 1000 dollars plus shipping would take some justifying too...
    Allroad 2.7 TT 2004
    Jensen Interceptor III (Now sadly Sold)
    Giant full-sus Mountain bike
    Urban Mover Electric Mountainboard
    Chinese no-name electric bike

0 1 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yep kit kit look good, yep bit pricey and you are totally right that the height adjustable feature plus other elements that make the Allroad special so if height adjust disabled what good but at times I've read people query/change over to std suspension due to the cost of repair to air system ...

Only reason to post was i) for info ii) perhaps someone can rustle up something via looking at the kit but really ...

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpipingandy View Post
    The down side to having a good idea such as this one is that people will copy it and now there are 4 or 5 people who have copied it and now sell this as a kit, so if you are looking for a compressor kit I appreciate your support for the original bagpipingandy kit , the good news is the price is now only £25 for my kit to repair/refurbish your compressor where the only solution previous was to replace the compressor from around £280 or up to £1000 replacement at the dealer!!

I really appreciate everyones support, long may it continue

any questions just ask, Best regards

Andy

Blimey, you are right, there are loads of them on the popular site, I could not beleave when I saw them- all pretty same as yours, even contents of the kit less the loctite and the price!!!.
    Mine is still going strong now one year on.

Keep it up!
    V6 Tdi Power!

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks!
    As I have written earlier , I replaced the piston ring in february(think it was..). Andy recommended checking the piping (bag?) from the compressor and the air intake. All seems to be in order. The car NEVER sinks while parked Whether in L1, 2 , 3 or 4. it has blinked on or two occasions shortly after start, allthough I hadnt noticed any significant lowering of the suspension overnight.
    There was one episode now that was new, I loaded the car with about 200kg of concrete blocks in the trunk (I think the car was idling) and the rear went down as the load got heavier and as the rear went down the whole car lowered itself to L1 and stayed there. When trying to jack the car up again it took a long time and one time (first attempt) the warning light lit up (went away after restart).
    The compressor does not run that often I hear it now and then but far from all the time. Real slow transition up between levels.
    This tells me(correct me if I`m wrong)
    1) the system runs with too low pressure
    2) no obvious leaks
    3) the level sensors and valve pack work as intended (the car goes down from L4 to L3 at 20mph , from L3 to L2 at 50mph) and jack mode works.
    4) ECU works (look above)
    5) the compressor is gone?

Both front bags were replaced at about 60k miles in 2006 and left rear bag in 2011. I`ve ordered rear bad for right side(preventive maintenance) and a brand new compressor

Any suggestions??
    Sakke

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    If it is slow to lift then I would think it has to be the air output or blockage, as a last few resorts try it with the air Intake off the compressor to make sure it is not blocked (carefull not to get dirt into it!!), if the filter wast choked up in the spare wheel well it may cause an issuewas there any difference between the old compressor and then fitting the new piston ring?, if not did you fit the piston ring correctly?regardsAndy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, saw now that I wrote in the wrong thread, but hey its about air suspension so....
    Yes I followed the instructions to the point (altough I I did it with the compressor in place, just removing the cylinder/top half) . The difference was dramatic!!! it wnet L1-2 in maybe 15 sec, L2-3 appr the same and L3-4 in 10 seconds, This from a situation where it failed to lift between levels 8 out of 10 attempts an d tokk 2-3 min when it succeeded. It was good maybe 2 months, then when the weather got warmer, it went slow again, it lifts but it takes time.

Sakke

0 0 0

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast