2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    For info - I fitted one of Andy's Chinese front air bags in Feb this year. Allroad has now done a further 6k miles with no problems. Can recommend - a lot easier to get the studs tightened to 23nm than with the "plastic" Arnott one on the other side!

1 1 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also had one of Andy's bags fitted recently to replace a failed front arnott bag which failed at 18 months old and about 6000 miles. It had simply blown out the airline as the plastic threads had failed. My other front arnott is on about 12 months now and I wonder when that will fail....my local Audi independent recognise my voice when I call them!!!!

Whoever buys my mighty 4.2 Allroad when I eventually sell it is going to almost get a new car the amount of parts I have replaced!! ��

0 1 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for feedback guys, looks like the only way to go atm. I have changed one front with new and other with 2nd hand oem so far and new one done over 40k now with 2nd hand one past its 20k mark by now, but next time if needed I am your customer Andy .

Whitey - I always envied the 4.2, how is the engine holding up, any issues? you anywhere near 200k mark yet?
    V6 Tdi Power!

0 1 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All-rod,

My engine is on 106k and I bought it with 85k on it five years ago. Its a 2005 limited edition Allroad. The engine is sweet, I've only had the cam cover gaskets replaced when I got it and regular servicing done on the long life services. It had a recall for all 8 coil packs to be replaced not long after I bought it which was nice! The timing chain guide rattle which is the death throw of the 4.2 can only very occasionally can be heard on a cold start for two seconds which is perfectly normal for the engine at this mileage. I do low mileage and usually short trips and it uses maybe 250ml of oil between services. I also drive it gently as it often does not get warm enough to push it due to the short trips! The starter motor was replaced a few months ago. So the engine is sweet its the rest of the car where the money has been spent!

cheers
    whitey

0 1 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to see that, hopefully it stays that way for you. Do report back when you're past 200k mark 😉
    V6 Tdi Power!

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok ı had my back springs changed with those of aerosus, ı come back home and notice that left front is sinking, arnott that ı had changed just 1 year ago. Is thıs a nıghtmare or what. Back to repair shop tomorrow. What a life time warranty from arnott!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The problem was as it seems a misplaced o-ring in the arnott airbag. Now i am waiting for the new piston ring from Andy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys. I have the petrol 2.8 litre A6 manufactured in 2011. Car has done about 30000 kms. My car and me are in India.

The yellow error light for air suspension fault comes up randomly for last few months. Goes away when the car is restarted. But invariably comes back every ride.

2 days ago, the yellow light was replaced by a red light error with a warning that car should not be driven at more than 60kmph.

I also noticed that the car is sitting low and does not raise. Some times the raise option in the MMI system is greyed out.

Any help on how I should proceed with my model?

I have read through this thread. And am more than a little confused since I have never looked at the inside of a car bonnet before!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi,
    1st step is read fault codes, delete all codes and see what codes comes back. A error light clearing on restart can be the compressor but its too early to tell without error codes.

Let us know the error codes stored.

Best regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast