1. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can I use simple VAG cable to read suspension, coz my VAG software only reads audi A6 C5 which is the same, but A6 don't have air suspension.

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Yes. Group 34. A6 C5 allroad This same family

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Have a problem with my allroad.. When i bought my 2001 2.7t it already had a compressor failure, they replaced it with another one, and for awhile there were no problems, then after a rough ferry ride, one front suspension started obviously leaking and i had both fronts changed with arnott, several months ago. Lately i noticed that my compressor is working more (and more noise) than it used to when parking and low speed maneuvers, and i hear the relay click more frequently during riding, suggesting adjustment. I checked several times if the car would sink with system disabled but no sinking, i sprayed soapy water to suspensions, distribution block and pressure tank but no leaks. I didnt spray on compressor airline however, didnt remove the lower cover to do that. Especially strange is, sometimes when car is standing still, engine running, compressor starts, works for a while and stops and then immediately i hear an air release. I even observed a height change and then going back down when i was checking under the car once. When parking, and i change height, Sometimes the changes are very quick without even starting the compressor, sometimes it runs the compressor a long time trying to reach at each level, and after reaching every level there is an air release. I feel if it goes like this the compressor is going to fail.. There is no warning light, yet.. It used to increase height when engine off but now it cannot, when engine off, when i manually increase level it strangely lifts the car like its going to make it but then there is an air release and goes back to same level. And then there is no second try because probably all pressure is lost in first try.. My mechanic says it is normal op, but i think there is something wrong and want to fix it before needing a compressor build. I ordered a diagnostic cable but i believe you can direct me to the fault if there is.. Pressure block? Pressure sensor? Height sensor/s? What do you say? Thank you for any help!

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Google for " SSP 243 " With it you can better understand the air springs system. Check for fault codes and delete them. When there is a fault codes in the memory This causes the incorrect functioning of the system.

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got those documents thank you. The error light is not on and my code reader doesnt read any stored fault codes. I will get a vag cable and try to read pressure and height values. My compressor may be getting tired but before it totally fails I wanted to learn if releasing air after reaching each level is normal behavior. This seems to deplete any pressure stored..

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    If no error light all is ok for now, get the VCDS cable and read what codes are stored, initial thoughts are a tired compressor hence it doens like going back to the previous height, but if it can lift one level in less than 120 seconds it will not throw the error light, then if it is constanlty adjusting it could be the lower sensor arm with a lot of play in it, this wont show a fualt code but visually inspect each level sensor to see if the swivel arms are not siezed causing a sloppy level sensor.

get the fault codes, read them and clear them and then wait to see if any come back

it is common for the car to keep adjusting every stop especially in town on rough roads, it jod is to keep the car level and thats what is will constantly try to do

to check for air leaks, if you park it at level 1 does it sink?

regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I parked the car and will not drive it for a few days, level 1, i will check again if it sinks. And i am waiting for the cable to see if any codes are stored. Thank you.

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope it doesn't sink, maybe a slight asymmetry in the front only, maybe due to road incline. Now I need the vag cable and check the level sensors.

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    can the car lift up through its levels, 1 at a time, with no error lights?

regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my vag cable but before I had a chance to use it I had a summer trip involving both highway, country and some rough terrain driving to mountains. I came back and now my right rear is sinking if I leave it at position one. If at position three there is no sinking. Now I ordered rear replacements of arnott brand.. After replacement I will check back if everything is ok. I never thought this car would need so much keep up, but it definitely creates an addiction, I feel I cannot drive anything else other than an allroad.

0 0 0

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast