1. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Decided to swap them today. If the weather turns I will just swap them back 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

2. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richlean View Post
    Mine are staying on til April - I'd kick myself if I took them off and the weather changed. And all this time I'm saving wear on my summer tyres...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Whilst wearing out your winter tyres
    A6 C7 Allroad 3.0 TDI Biturbo, Oolong Grey, Exclusive Carpets, Exclusive Inlays, Exclusive Leather Sports Seats, Panoramic Roof, 4 Way Climate and 4 Heated Seats, Sports Steering Wheel, Memory Seats, Bose, Cruise, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Blinds, Heat Insulating Privacy Glass, PDC Front and Rear, Rear Camera, Phone Prep High, MMI High, Auto Key, Power Boot, Rear Seat Entertainment Screens, Foldaway Tow Bar, Storage/Luggage Packs.

0 0 0

3. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    Whilst wearing out your winter tyres
    Ha ha! :-)

But in fact I bought my winter tyres from new, and given that they're only fitted for around a third of the year, it's unlikely that I'll wear them out before I change the car. So a certain amount of their wear is "for free", if you see what I mean.

Speaking to an Austrian farmer up in the mountains a while back, he said that they bin their winter tyres after three years regardless of wear as the compound deteriorates.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Winter Wheel Question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Any B8 A4 or A5 wheel as the bore size of the B8 is different to most other Audis.

eBay, gumtree etc is your best bet.
    Chris, I hope you are right, I just bought a nice looking set of 18" Audi Alloys with winter tyres off an A5 (EBay). To go on my just purchased A4 2010 3.0 TDi Special currently running on 19".
    Not even picked the car up yet but know I will be driving around Scotland all through this winter so was feeling the need having found winter tyres all sold out in the past just when you want them ...

0 0 0

5. Re: Winter Wheel Question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This thread soon to be getting a lot of action again pretty soon I'd say

Last winter, I bought some winters (tyres only) for my B8 Avant...but we had next to nowt snow-wise.... typical luck for me that though

This year, I think I'll get some flea bay alloys and get them put on those instead of swapping over my summers to winters all the time.

I've seen some advertised locally as being off an A5 (2010 model). The specs are as follows :-

Stud Diameter - 112
    Centre Bore - 66.6
    Rim Width - 7.5J
    Rim Diameter - 17
    No. of Studs - 5
    (all good so far, I think...)

The one thing that confusing me is the offset: I rang the local Audi dealership for advice on wheel sizes needed etc, told him my Reg No. and he brought up all the spec on my car. He told me that the min/max offset for it was 35mm/45mm!

However, the offset on the wheels I'm interested in is 28mm (according to the advert!)

Any help or advice on whether either the Audi Parts guy or the advert is wrong?

Thanks a lot...

0 1 0

6. Re: Winter Wheel Question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

For the last 4 years i've had a FWD Audi A4 Sline 1.8TFSI. Never had winter tyres on it, and when we did get a touch of snow of it was horrible (could never get out the small incline of my street).

In the next couple of weeks my new company vehicle should arrive - this time it'll be a Quattro Audi A4 Sline 2 litre diesel. This time around i'm also considering purchasing winter tyres.

I keep each company vehcile for 4 years, and only do about 10k miles per year (so probably only around 3k per winter). I was looking to purchase tyres which would fit the standard wheels which come with the car, and looking to pay up to a maximum of around £600 for the set. I'm hoping that this set would then last the lifetime of the car (i.e. just swapping them in each winter).

So - taking all of this into account - what tyres are the ones people would reccommend?

Many thanks

0 0 0

7. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Consider getting a spare set of wheels with your winter tyres on if you have room to store them. Over 4 years and at around £15 a tyre to swap summer to winter tyres on the same rim, twice a year. That's £120 a year. Over 4 years = £480. I think my set of 17" SE rims only cost me £300 and I can change them when I want and not have to make a special trip to get them fitted.

Then after the 4 years if you get a different car you can sell on and get a good portion of your money back.

0 0 0

8. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use Goodyear UltraGrip 8 Performance winters that are stored at my local tyre fitters. They charge £40 to change them over, so £80 per year on my 18" standard wheels.
    Current: 2013 S4 Avant, Ice Silver, SS heated seats, tech pack, AMI, B&O.
    Previous: 2011 Mercedes C350 CDI

0 0 0

9. Re: Winter Wheel Question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly, bought a stunning set of wheels with good winter tyres on that I was promised would fit an A4 on the eBay ad (buyer beware eh?). After I bought them off eBay and reading all over this forum again about the offsets, had a growing sense of dread. Sure enough, tried them on (don't actually want to fit them yet) and they do stick out rather a lot, almost certainly illegal. Tis a look many might seek but not for me. Quizzing the original owner, turns out they were off an A5! So now bought a standard set of S-Line's off a B8 and am swapping the winter tyres onto them. So have now to sell on a stunning set of ........ A5 wheels!! Yes, best read the small print in these forums guys - an A5 wheel will fit on a B8 hub, but the offset of 29 is a no-no unless you want to look especially aggressive. A5 body is wider I believe and needs that offset. Upside is - still got a set of almost new 245/40/18 winter Dunlops.

A5 wheel.jpg
    Close but no cigar!
    2010 A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line Special Ed 4dr S-Tronic
    2008 SLK 350

0 0 0

10. Re: Winter Wheel Question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Bad luck, but at least you are now fit for Winter and should get a decent price for those A5 Wheels. Good luck with the sale
    A4 B8 143 Tdi S Line Saloon 2008 (Gone)
    Lotus Elan SE 1991
    A4 B8 170 Tdi Quattro Technik Avant 2011
    A4 B8.5 143 Tdi S Line Black Edition Saloon 2013(gone)
    A4 B8.5 Allroad Sport Nav 2.0 tdi quattro 2015

1 0 0

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast