1. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I didn't get the DPF light either. I did get the "running on" when the engine stopped, though, and I think this is a key symptom of the problem. This is one of the things the dealer will check for after the initial phase of the repair in the "stall test" (if you have the same issue). If it continues, the second step will happen as per my PM.

I'd get the car booked in as soon as you can. Good luck!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

2. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like I better get it booked in!
    I'll let you know how I get on

0 0 0

3. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just one question MFGF, should I mention to the dealer that this is a known issue or leave it to them to tell me about it!?

0 0 0

4. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I would keep quiet about it and see what they tell you at the end. It may be a different issue on your car, after all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

5. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    An update:

Took the car into the dealer this morning to have the fault codes read. They said there was just one "millisecond fault" showing up, referring the engine throttle valve position, and nothing to worry about at this stage, seeing as the warning light have cleared. and there were no other faults showing and the car is driving normally.

Great I thought....

However driving about today on 40 mile round trip, I was getting near to home when I stopped at the lights....put the gearstick into neutral and lifted the clutch to activate the stop/start system... the engine cut out as normal, but then the engine management light (squiggly line)started flashing and Start/stop system fault message appeared in the dash.

Put the clutch down to restart the car, and the message "Automatic start/stop deactivated: please restart engine manually" was shown.
    So I restarted and drove on home, with the warning light still flashing.
    Parked the car and switched off, then restarted again, and the warning light cleared!

It's a bit frustrating, I wish there was something obviously wrong, then it might be easier to get fixed, but the car drives fine.

Guess I'll have to get back onto the dealer again on Monday and see what they advise.

0 0 0

6. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My bet is that there's a throttle fault..the Germans thought it was a good idea to put the EGR fitting the wrong way round...they directed it to the throttle...it gets clogged up & it causes the throttle to stick...there's a TPI for it!!

1 0 0

7. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baylissboy View Post
    My bet is that there's a throttle fault..the Germans thought it was a good idea to put the EGR fitting the wrong way round...they directed it to the throttle...it gets clogged up & it causes the throttle to stick...there's a TPI for it!!
    Hmmm. Robin asked me not to post that up Yep - that was the exact issue with my car. I had the exact same symptoms Hammer describes above, too.

I will be in again tomorrow - if I see you in the showroom I will say hi

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

8. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere I can see a list of these known TPI's? Or anyone know the specific number for this known issue, so I can point the dealer in the right direction.

I'm pretty peeved that if this is a known issue, that the dealer is fobbing me off, telling me "there's nothing to worry about", when clearly there is a known problem.

Surely Audi should be contacting all owners of these vehicles to rectify the problem in advance, they know who we are, as we bought from them direct.

0 0 0

9. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just to update this thread....

Took the car back to the dealer today and they confirmed this fault was know to Audi and that a TSI was issued for it. They say they made some modifications and applied a software update.

The invoice shows the following work:

Fault Stored With Throttle Valve Potentiometer
    Modification Required - Detached Intake Hose To Manifold
    Removed Throttle Valve - Removed EGR Pipe To Manifold
    Modified Carrier Plate - Cleaned Throttle Housing

Don't know if it was exactly the same issue as experienced by MFGF, but hopefully the issue is now resolved.

0 0 0

10. Re: Engine emissions control system warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Glad you managed to get somewhere with your dealer on this Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast