1. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Mine was unlocked by the dealer at some stage. Possibly at PDI or more likely when the car was 6 months old and they upgraded the satnav DVD to include TMC stuff (free of charge I might add).

I've seen a few issues over the years with my satnav not initializing and it's become evident that the DVD does get a bit grubby - after pulling it once to clean it I decided I'd rather have a copy of it frying / freezing / getting mucky in the car so I keep the original in the house and run with a copy in the car.

Incidentally ejecting it can take a while.. at least in my car.

0 0 0

2. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well half sucessfule - went for a fault scan on my "false alarms" and whilst there asked for the DVD to be unlocked (via VCDS). The guy managed to eject the DVD so I could put the new one in - but now I can't eject that one anyway it's going into get the alarm sensor(s) sorted, so I'll get them to try again.
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

3. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    There are two options in VCDS - one is to eject the DVD (as a one-time operation) and the other is to remove the eject lock so you can eject the disk by pressing the eject button on the drive. It sounds like the guy did the former not the latter.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, he said as much, and couldn't recall if he'd done it right.
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

5. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rafletcher View Post
    Well thought I'd give the nav DVD a clean (after it "lost" a chunk of Essex a while back", but I can't get the DVD to eject. Map and nav working fine (at least locally - off to that patch of Essex leter this week so will see if it's still there!!) but when I press the eject button on the nav drive - zilch. Tried with ignition off, on, and engine running, but no go. Have I missed something (I did read the handbook and all it said was "press the button briefly) or is the drive on it's way out Gotta get a scan dome for "false alarms" anyway, so will ask the indie to check it out too. Pah!

Out of interest, did you notice if there were red lights at each side of the DVD slot when trying to eject the disk?
    I have the same issue, gonna try with OBD eleven to see if I can unlock it

0 0 0

6. Re: Navigation DVD not ejecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    **Update

Confirmed, OBD unlocked the drive for me, (the red lights switch off when the lock is turned off), from there it's a straight swap of the disks, simple!

Cheers
    Rob

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12