Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice wheels. I bought Dezent when sourcing winter wheels for my Tiguan. The ones you've picked look good and, as you say, simple for cleaning. Not too dissimilar to the Sima's. I agree with the fuel consumption comments, but so much of my motoring is local and all round it's a great car for capacity, towing and everything I need.
    Rob

Passat Alltrack 170 DSG sometimes pulling a Swift Challeger Sport Caravan
    Tungsten Grey, Nappa sports seats, retractable towbar, mirror pack, colour MFD, park assist.

0 0 0

2. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The one thing I didn't do when buying separate wheels and tyres for the Alltrack was go the whole hog with the tyre pressure monitoring sensors, so the system is de-activated for the duration of fitment until the summer wheels & tyres go back on. I've got rather used to a pressure monitor and wondered what solution could be out there. I've just ordered this as it seems a rather neat package and available at a discount either through Amazon or using the code ATT1311 (Audi TT forum group buy code valid until 31st December) on TyrePal's website reducing the list price from £135 to £100 plus £4.95 postage in either case.

Seemed a reasonable solution and far cheaper than paying about £150 per wheel on sensors before the tyres were fitted on the wheels.
    Rob

Tungsten Grey, Nappa sports seats, retractable towbar, mirror pack, colour MFD, park assist.

0 0 0

3. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What a good bit of kit, i really like the idea of monitoring the spare as well, I've heard of a few drivers who find their spare is flat at the worst possible moment.

0 0 0

4. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A quick update. I've been driving around the French Alps for the last couple of weeks on some difficult roads, packed snow, refrozen snow, ice etc and the car coupled with the conti 830 p winter tyres has performed faultlessly.

0 0 0

5. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good to read the benefits were worth it.
    Rob

0 0 0

6. Re: Winter tyre sizing. Alltrack question. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just fitted the winter alloy/tire package. Selected winter tires in the computer menu but still have the amber tire symbol in the display. Can anyone advise please
    Cheers
    Paul

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234