1. 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I had this problem about 1-2 months ago, where I'm in 5th gear doing about 30mph, put my foot down and the car judders (to about 1.7k rpm, then it accelerates smoothly) rather than slowly accelerating (like it always has done)

I got bored and had a look around the engine and there seemed to be a vacuum hose near the back of the engine that didn't seem fully inserted, so I made it snug again, but it was more like if I put it snug one end, then its nearly hanging off the other side, as if it's somehow got slightly too short. When I did this the problem went away (voodoo?) I've since done around 800miles without a problem event went to newquay (250m) each way and not a problem.

Yesterday when leaving work, when I started the engine it felt odd, best way to describe it, coming home I had no problems though.

This morning, I got up the road went to accelerate from 1st and it dipped power then picked up and zoomed off (must of looked an idiot) then nearly every gear if I accelerate from below (1.5k rpm) the car judders for abit then it's okay, until I get into 5th and my revs are below 1.7k then I try to acclerate and it's juddery again.

I don't have access to a scanner, but I think it's sensor/vacuum related (hopefully) any ideas?

If the hose has come loose again, any idea what would cause it to become loose? I'll be looking furthur after work today

0 0 0

2. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The day after I posted this, my car was fine. This morning though it was bad and felt abit worse.

It seems to do it more when the accelerator is fully down, but if it's just down abit it doesn't seem to do it.

Any ideas

0 0 0

3. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This tends to happen if the crankcase ventilation hose is breaking up under the woven cover. which conceals the break but allows un-metered air to be drawn in. Really you do need to get it fault code read. A picture would help with the vacuum hose question.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

4. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya,

Thanks for your reply. I've ordered a scanner and will use VCDS-Lite when it comes through (next couple of days)

Where abouts is that part in the AZM engine roughly? Is that the tube at the top back of the engine, that connects to the MAF? If so I should be able to take that off this evening and check the bad boi out

What I see find odd is that not once has the CEL come on

0 0 0

5. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coming home was fun, it was lumpy as hell, I even had the CEL light flash, then stay solid for around 5 seconds, then it completely went :/ No buzzing or dings to say it was on though.

I remove the tube part and no luck, no holes or anything and seems pretty new.

There is a tube that if I remove it, the car feels lumpy (http://gru-uk.com/car/IMG_1536.JPG the T tubing), like it does when driving, however when I remove that the car is lumpy in idle, yet my car isn't.

I put the parts back together and annoying the car was fine, I wasn't happy with it being 'fixed' so I remove the cable to the MAF, took it for a ride but my car seemed quite nippy, but also felt like my suspension went all jelly fied :/ I pulled over, plugged the MAF back in, STILL couldn't replicate the error, but my car did seem less erratic and i'm sure slightly slower, not 100% sure though.

But after that mini adventure, I pulled up to my house with my engine feeling like new.

Anything else coming to mind, thats free to check whilst I'm waiting for my scanner?

Oh, also, I noticed one pipe looking like this http://gru-uk.com/car/IMG_1537.JPG underneath it feels like hard plastic with no marks, just thought I'd mention it

0 0 0

6. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Now when you scan it you will have an Air Mass meter fault.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, my car was fine until yesterday, but I had been waiting for a battery replacement for my laptop to scan away.

I've got MASSIVE problems with VCDS-Lite, "no controller communcation" then no synch bla bla, I somehow got it working for a second, copied down the codes, reset & went for a drive, but cannot read the errors as VCDS-Lite doesn't work again (maybe my cheap blue cable on ebay?)

Anyway, it picked up the following codes

16685 - P0301 - 16685/P0301/000769 - Ross-Tech Wiki - Cylinder 1 Misfire
    16486 - P0102 - 16486/P0102/000258 - Ross-Tech Wiki - Mass Airflow Sensor; Signal Too Low
    16497 - P0113 - 16497/P0113/000275 - Ross-Tech Wiki - Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42) Signal Too High

Could the MAF cause the other two issues (I'm hoping so, don't like the sound of a misfire )

Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Now when you scan it you will have an Air Mass meter fault.
    I suspect one or maybe two of those codes will be because you disconnected the AMM and ran it. Clear the codes and drive it again for a few days and re-read then post the results. DO NOT unplug anything with the ignition on.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danoid View Post
    I've got MASSIVE problems with VCDS-Lite, "no controller communcation" then no synch bla bla, I somehow got it working for a second, copied down the codes, reset & went for a drive, but cannot read the errors as VCDS-Lite doesn't work again (maybe my cheap blue cable on ebay?)
    What OS are you using?

The words "cheap blue cable" come up a lot when discussing VCDS errors so I suspect it could be the cable but lets start with the OS of the laptop first

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2002 AZM 2.0 litre Petrol - Juddering 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I cleaned the MAF yesterday because I was bored, and the mesh in front was very black and bits inside, so cleaned it out with some contact cleaner and it's been spot on for about 50 miles now (but done this before)

I've now bought another scanner off ebay, it's one that plugs in and can only read faults, still £10 though but saw that thousands have been sold, so hoping for more reliability

I tried VCDS-Lite on Windows XP SP3 machine, then Windows 7, still not any joy. I'm not too bothered about VCDS-Lite working, as I found out I couldn't even set the auto lock without registering, and don't think that 1 function is worth £60 to me.

When I get the scanner, I'll clear, go for a drive (any particular distance) then re-scan.

Also, dont laugh but where is Cylinder 1 on the AZM? Is it the front of the engine or the back? Tried looking at HT leads but isn't numbered, and the coil pack is basically hidden on the AZM

btw, I had my sparks, HT leads & coil pack replaced by halfords about 3 years ago, but I don't really do high mileage but is it possible it's one or all three of those causing the misfire?

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast