Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    @dan2485

Thanks for the info regarding pin. I found on the various sites that they mentioned pin 000 979 009 and it is same as you mentioned above.

I have found and read that site. But, this is for B8 model and I found on other sites that it is not same.

These two site do not mention ABS coding:

Дооснащение A6C6 (4F) | Страница 212 | Audi Клуб

and here in french site, this french guy Hurty was writing on several sites re this matter:

[A6 C6] Installation TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) - Page 4 - Electricité/Electronique - ASSOCIATION AUDI ADDICTS

Hurty had problems with coding of 4C module (TPMS module).

I have used google translator for both sites to understand what they was writing. Russian guy succeed immediately.

Do you know which pin can be used for fuse box? French guy Hurty mention pin number 000 979 135 E that looks like pin that can receive fuse but I am not sure if this pin can enter our fuse box?
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

3. Re: Fitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Maybe wrong, but one guy mentioned for power(should be for fusebox) 000979023 Е. Info not from links above!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

4. Re: Fitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

0 0 0

5. Re: RetroFitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Finally I have retrofitted TPMS. Indirect version, option code 7K6. Recently I got few tires punctures and tire valves problems. I was driving car with flat tire two times and have decided to retrofit this system on my face lift car.

As you can notice, I have interested about this system few months ago. I have collected all information that I need to retrofit this system. I want to thank you all for giving useful information.

I have bought module 4F0 907 274 from ebay coming from Audi Q7. It is 2011 year same as my car
    I have ordered new connector for this module from dealer, part number: 5Q0 972 718 A
    Cables and pins provided from local junkyard.

I have started to make electrical harness according to electric scheme:

TPMS module with its connector:

Harness that I got from junkyard with various connectors and pins from which I made harness for my project:

Making of harness, prolonging it, soldering pins, etc:

Inserting pins into new connector according electrical scheme and checking it:

I have covered the harness with cloth tape. There are two cable harness from TPMS connector. Short one is for right side of the car to connect to constant power (terminal 30) via new fuse place, cable for ground and two cables Can Low and Can high, so totaly 4 cables on that side. The long one is consisting of 5 wires which are going on left side of car, one wire is going on fuse box with terminal 15 (power from keylock):

I started with dismantling:

Before I started working with cables and wires I have take off negative cable from battery:

Make final cutting of harness and place for new module:

I have started to connect wires on passenger side (right side) first. Added one fuse more for terminal 30. Connected Can Low and High wires to Can Bus bridge. There I have some difficulties to take it off from frame and unfortunately broke the holding pin. On the end connected ground wire:

I have added new fuse (5A) near the yellow fuse (20A) :

To be continued in next post soon...

0 0 0

6. Re: RetroFitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Inserting Can bus wires (low and high):

I have opened Can bus bridge and take out the middle part in order to insert Can bus cables:

New pack of the fuses:

The right side almost completed:

Ground cable connected:

Harness for left side passed behind A/C unit to the A pillar lower part.

make cutting and soldering pins to connect 4 wires to wires from ABS unit which are already on connectors of the A pillar:

Soldering pins (the one I put before were not correct one):

Take out fuse box and connected wire for terminal 15 (power after ignition switched on):

All cables connected. Negative terminal connected to battery, no burning

There was plenty errors in diagnostics scanning. I have codded address 19 CanGateway (registered new module 4C), coded address 4C TPMS to new code 0000065, I coded addres 5F (MMI) and on the I codded address 17 (cluster):

There was further errors due to disconnecting battery, I made one road test, make correct tire pressure on gas station and reset TPMS via MMI :

Return back home, make grease on passenger drawer:

Put all back:

To be continued in next post soon.....

0 0 0

7. Re: RetroFitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Testing time.

I have decided to test each wheel. I put correct air pressure on each tire, front 2.7 bars, rear 2.4 bars. The wheel are 16inch tire dimensions are 205/60R16. Then I reset TPMS on MMI. Make one road test abt 5-6 km in order system to learn new values. Return back to gas station and deflate one tire for 25%, i.e from2.7 bar to 2.0 bar and after rear from2.4 to 1.8 bar. After deflating start driving:

Deflated one tire:

Start driving in order to see if the system is working:

First alarm after about 5 km:

Then I made same procedure for each tire:

I checked for errors :

Error in 4C address (TPMS):

As you can see, module has registered first low pressure at 232571km (see above picture for first tire) and frequency were 4 that is for each tire that I made test.
    I have cleared the error:

All is clear and working.

I did not expected long distance (about 5km) to pass and module to alert.

Is this normal? Can it be adjusted?

Can somebody who has same system and engine and gearbox report his TPMS coding?

Anyhow, I am satisfied with it, it is better anything than nothing...

0 1 0

8. Re: RetroFitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Excellent write-up mate.

I have the box and bought the harness from Kufatec - just need time to do it!
    Just one question - I couldn’t make out exactly where you fitted the additional box - is it obvious where it goes once you get under the dashboard?
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue SOLD
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue - getting ready to get rid of
    2008 A5 3.0 Tdi Quattro Coupe, Grey
    2010 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue

0 0 0

9. Re: RetroFitting TPMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF2.5TDi View Post
    Excellent write-up mate.

I have the box and bought the harness from Kufatec - just need time to do it!
    Just one question - I couldnt make out exactly where you fitted the additional box - is it obvious where it goes once you get under the dashboard?
    Hi,

Thanks,

Behind glowbox you have already prepared position for module:

Just insert it inside.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123