Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbro View Post
    A6 3l diesel Quattro Le Mans , same as Chris's I think.

Acquired Sept 2008, 13 miles delivery-ish pre-registered.

Now 56,252 miles .

Up until a few weeks ago , my work commute was 4 miles round trip. Now it's 18 miles through A and B roads.
    I toyed with the idea of the new A6 but the length of the boot is shorter and of course would probably be at least £10K to change. As I am otherwise happy with my A6 and have had trouble free motoring for nearly 5 yrs , and I love my Bluetooth music dongle and audio system , I may well run it into the ground.

0 2 0

2. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    x2 - I will maybe see how she behaves when my 2 year warranty expires as I can't take another one out after 80k but the one on her now is still valid until Jan 2015.

I would love to keep her until she can drive no more but stuff like injectors and glowplugs are expensive if they go wrong!

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    x2 - I will maybe see how she behaves when my 2 year warranty expires as I can't take another one out after 80k but the one on her now is still valid until Jan 2015.

I would love to keep her until she can drive no more but stuff like injectors and glowplugs are expensive if they go wrong!
    Good point. When I did toy with the idea of changing it was mostly motivated by a desire to pre-empt even more depreciation. Do you think after the 100k mark its best to trade it ? 150k even ?

Can I ask who you took the warranty out with ? There is no warranty on mine.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    My car is only worth about £10-11k-ish in its current state.

Warranty was took out with Audi Extended Warranty, you need to do this before 3 year old though while its still under factory warranty.

January 2011 - January 2012 - £700
    January 2012 - January 2013 - £525 (discount for getting the previous year)
    January 2013 - January 2015 - £945 - 2 year policy, unlimited mileage

January 2011 was 52-ishk
    January 2012 was 70k
    January 2013 was 79k

Not sure on reliability 100k+ but there are a fair few for sale but don't know if thats a good or bad thing!

My mileage is rougly 12k per year.

1 0 0

5. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbro View Post
    I toyed with the idea of the new A6 but the length of the boot is shorter and of course would probably be at least £10K to change. As I am otherwise happy with my A6 and have had trouble free motoring for nearly 5 yrs , and I love my Bluetooth music dongle and audio system , I may well run it into the ground.
    I love my A6 too and have always treated her well with whatever she needs, regular servicing etc etc

After my recent spend ( even before to be honest ) I have been thinking for some time of keeping her as my daily driver period. The plan I would like to follow is to just keep her, look after her with regular servicing / oil changes etc and just use her for daily commutes, running about etc etc as required. If I were to look at selling her now, I wouldn't get that much and someone would get the bargain of a lifetime, a very clean car thats been loved to death for not a lot of ££££ in return......meaning I lose out.

I'd like to be able to add an A8 4.2 Quattro / Jaguar XK5 5.0 V8 or similar for around £20k to the fleet as my weekend fun car / toy, not putting many miles on it, just for fun.

The plan is subject to change at any time and may not transpire....lol

I covered around 60k miles the first two years or so, then my mileage dropped to around 10k - 12k per year hence the 103k mile marker so at the current rate she could well see another 8 - 10 years for very little cost

Back on topic though.....I reckon she's good for another 100k miles or so and may yet test that theory.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have calculated I will surpass 100k in just shy of only 3 yrs if I keep it.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was planning on changing last year but after seeing the differential in 'cost to trade up' I nearly died of shock. An example..

Traded in a 2005 Honda Accord(don't ask) in 2009 and with what I got for it and the cost of my A6 I ended up with a good low mileage example for around £7500. Now I'm looking at £4500 to £5000 trade in value against nearly £18k (at least!) for another A6 or A5. And the shocker... I'd be lucky to get a 4yo high mileage Audi for a difference Of £12K at that price! so... my decision to is run mine until the end of time. Have cars really gone up that much in 4 years or was I just lucky in 2009? Once you get close to 100k it becomes a diiferent game on how far further it will go and the number plate year becomes meaningless. As my old man says.. Why spend 12 grand if you don't have to? He has a point!

1 0 0

8. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Like you , I am tempted to see how long I can make it last. I think for the same spec A6 I would have to pay £20K to change ie. for a new shape usedQuattro 3l diesel S line with 30k mileage . And whoever had my car would have bagged a whole lot of car for not much at all. The only unknown is the cost of potential future repairs on my current A6. But it will always be a losing game.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Im up at 117k or so and its been mostly trouble free, got it when it was at around 50k so 60k over 4 years in September aint bad. 15k miles and my mileage has dropped after a work move. The way I look at it is that it cost me £13k and its done four years and thats about £270 a month. A C Class from Alamo for a month is around 1700...... so its not a worry. If it died tomorrow has it really cost me anything ? its pretty much been driven every day - 1460 days ? that C class from Alamo would be around 80 grand......

2014 Andi 3.0 V6 TDi S-Line Quattro
    Full LeatherIHeated SeatsIElectric SeatsISunroofIMatt Brushed Aluminium InlaysIBi-Xenon HeadlightsIRear Park AssistIBluetooth

1 0 0

10. Re: A6 Mileage Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trim - 2008 2.0 Tdi SE
    Since - Jul 2010
    Mileage then - 70k
    Mileage now - 124,000
    Ttoal mileage during ownership - 54k

I'm running mine into the ground as well.

even though it costs my a fortune in tyres and unexpected repairs, it's better the devil you know now.

rather take this past 200k and buy a nice classic car to cherish.
    A6 Avant SE BRE

1 0 0

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast