Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, hoping someone can help me!

I have a 2006 Audi A6 Avant with the dual climate control. Problem is, it is intermittently blowing cold when the heating is set to high. If I am driving at a steady pace, like on the motorway - the heating will start working, but slow moving or around town - nothing but cold air coming through.

I did a VAGCOM check, and it's giving me the following message which I believe it may be related to:

00739 - Coolant Circulation Pump (V50)
    001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Tried googling this, but can find nothing specific at all, and really don't want to take it to a dealer (Irish Audi dealers are probably the best paid in the world!!).

Cheers all,

Garry

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pointing towards a water pump failure, but quite rare in a newer model like yours.

Does the temp guage get up to 90 fairly quick, and sit steady?

Not knowledgeable on your model but unfortunately for most vags the pump although cheap to replace the part but the labour is around 2.5 hours.

If it is the pump then consider a new cambelt/tensioner also if its due within the next 15k as the same parts have to come off to do it.you'll be looking at £230 for the pump or £350-£450 for pump and cambelt.

As i've said i dont know your engine so could be wrong but i'm sure someone will have more to say

Please keep us up to speed, very common faults these and always useful for others

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry mate, nothing to do with the water pump - the heating has a mind of it's own, can blow hot out one side and cold the other. I'd guess it is a sensor issue somewhere: heating will stabilise on long, steady speeds, but once start slowing down or driving around town, completely random heating again. Cheers for the reply anyway! :0/

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

Not sure this applies to the A6, but some cars have an additional electric circulation pump in the circuit to aid flow to the heater matrix. If the A6 has this (and I'm not sure it does) this could be what the error message is referring to.

With the split system I would guess it would have a seperate heater matrix for each side.

Hopefully someone who knows this will be along soon to comment, but just a thought.

1 0 0

5. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just found this:

http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagno...ors_18773.html

V50 seems to refer to right heat regulation valve connector.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Not sure if this applies to your car but there was a fault with a valve on the heating in A6's try having a search.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi

I have a problem with my AUDI A6, that exactly matched the problem you have described

would be grateful to know if you ever got to the bottom of it and what the problem was?

thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by byronjohnson View Post
    hi

I have a problem with my AUDI A6, that exactly matched the problem you have described

would be grateful to know if you ever got to the bottom of it and what the problem was?

thanks
    After 3 or 4 years of sporadic heating, suggestions for everything from new water pumps to heater matrix's, it turned out just to simply be airlocked!! Couldn't believe it and felt a complete plonker after I went through the procedure and got greeted with consistent hot air within minutes of starting the car!

Basically, run the car to operating temperature (even take it out for a drive), then with engine running, SLOWLY loosen and remove coolant filler cap. You may have to do this a few times, but this procedure effectively forces all trapped air to the coolant bottle and is thus released when you open the cap.

I honestly couldn't believe it was this simple, as even talking to apparent Audi 'experts' over the phone about it, nobody could come up with a solution. One 'expert' said he had heard of the problem before, but the guy just go so frustrated, he ended up selling the car instead of finding a solution.

Do I still feel like an idiot? Yes, yes I do - but I did this about 6 months ago, and it has been faultless ever since (even though I still feel like a complete chump when the car is toasty warm within 5 minutes - even stuck in a traffic jam - and I could have saved myself 3 freezing winters, just by releasing the filler cap!)

Hope that helps!

Garry

1 0 0

9. Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the swift reply

my car has been with a mechanic, had the pump replaced and they've tried all sorts over the past 6 months including 'flushing the system out' (whatever that means) surely any air locks would have been gotten rid of during this process?

any thoughts would be appreciated

0 0 0

10. Wink Re: A6 Climate Control/Heating problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by byronjohnson View Post
    thanks for the swift reply

my car has been with a mechanic, had the pump replaced and they've tried all sorts over the past 6 months including 'flushing the system out' (whatever that means) surely any air locks would have been gotten rid of during this process?

any thoughts would be appreciated
    You'd think!!!!!!!!

I've changed the Coolant Circulation Pump, thermostat, full flush - the lot, but unless the 'flush' is done via the 'vacumn process' (the crap I've learned trying to pin this problem down!), the possibilities remain that air can be left in the system, and in my case, there still was, and it was trapped in the heating system!

As I said, I spoke to two Audi 'Experts', one just kept saying I needed to bring it in for a full diagnostics (even though I had already run my own VAG-COM on it!), and the other who suggested changing the water pump and belts was the one who relayed the story of a previously frustrated customer who just ended up selling the car!!!

Incidentally, even though for all those years I kept getting that error on my VAG-COM readings, just last week I ran another (looking for an errant parking sensor issue!), and that error has now gone also.

Trust me, this wrecked my head for years, but that simple procedure corrected it - and even now, I still cannot believe that was the solution, taking literally less than 20 minutes - and only taking that long as I was waiting for the car to get to temperature!

On top of that, it didn't cost me anything - so what else have you to lose but try it? Wouldn't surprise me at all if a mechanic's attempt at 'flushing the system' didn't leave even more air in the system!

1 1 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast