Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niall campbell View Post
    Looking at your volts at alternator and at battery ................ then there is a problem.
    Sorry - should have made it clear, both were measured at the battery; so I'm seeing 14.1v at the battery when the engine is on. Did you solve your strange high resistance issue??

0 0 0

2. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looking very much like the radio and/or amp is the culprit. I removed both the fuses (1 & 2 in the black holder next to the jack in the boot) and battery was fine this morning. I have replaced them and driven the car to reset all the warning lights, then turned off the radio manually before switching off the engine so we'll see what happens. If that works the next step is to not turn it off manually and see if it shuts itself down.

Pulling all these fuses has basically reset everything in the car and I'm hoping that the old computer magic of turning it off and turning it on again will have solved it

0 1 0

3. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    All fine now it seems! Fully charging the (new) battery outside the car and pulling all the fuses out for anything to do with MMI/radio/dash/nav seemed to sort it.

Just one big reboot basically! Battery at 100% all the time now and no starting issues

Old battery was definitely gone as it doesn't hold a charge so I don't know if the constant current management was causing additional drain. Can't code the new battery to the car as there are very few options but it makes no difference. Basically 13v = 100% and that's all the car knows.

Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatador View Post
    Looking very much like the radio and/or amp is the culprit. I removed both the fuses (1 & 2 in the black holder next to the jack in the boot) and battery was fine this morning. I have replaced them and driven the car to reset all the warning lights, then turned off the radio manually before switching off the engine so we'll see what happens. If that works the next step is to not turn it off manually and see if it shuts itself down.

Pulling all these fuses has basically reset everything in the car and I'm hoping that the old computer magic of turning it off and turning it on again will have solved it
    Sorry to raise up this old thread from the dead - but I have a feeling that I'm having the exact same issue as you!

Which fuses did you pull to do the "in effect" full reboot of the electronic/MMI systems in the car? I'd like to do the same, and see if this works for me....

0 0 0

5. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apole View Post
    Hi,

I would think as others have pointed out that your battery is a bit discharged, so if you can charge it directly or via a long run that is the place to start.

Like others, I had issues with my battery going flat when I first got the car. Long story short it was a combo of something draining it, and the battery manager not being coded.

Next time you are in VCDS (or pull up a recent log if you saved it) check module 61 to ensure it has coding, initially mine was like this for some reason, the zeros meaning no coding.

Address 61: Battery Regul. Labels: 4F0-910-181.lbl
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 181 E HW: 4F0 915 181 A
    Component: ENERGIEMANAGER H12 0470
    Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000000013427
    Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
    VCID: 2341EBBF9B45

Component: von
    Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000

No fault code found.
    Hi what was causing your powerdrain? My battery keeps running flat lasts just under a year everytime and turns slowly, i think from power being directed elsewhere, my coding for my battery regulator seems fine,was wondering if there's a common source of powerdrain? Or somewhere for me to start my search

0 0 0

6. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Yes the AMP or Radio module is a common battery drain

0 0 0

7. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Yes the AMP or Radio module is a common battery drain
    Ah yes i think someone advised me this may be a possible cause before but it was a while ago and my memory is terrible, what's the best way to find out if these modules are the powerdrain? Or if not how to locate where else it could be, also where are these modules
    Thank you

0 0 0

8. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    In the boot on the left hand side. Remember if you unplug them the MMI system will not work again until they are plugged back in.

0 0 0

9. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    In the boot on the left hand side. Remember if you unplug them the MMI system will not work again until they are plugged back in.
    Are they labelled or coded or anything like that? Ok no worries, what's the best way to tell if, just seeing what makes a difference the next morning? Or is there another way of testing only my battery is brand new i just put it on (I've had this problem since I bought the car) but the batteries do last a year so it's kind of a slow trickle

0 0 0

10. Re: Quiescent current stage 1 & 2 intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    They look like this for saloon & Avant. It's the top two modules that have the issue. Unplug them both and see if the is still there.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast