1. First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Before i take the car back to the dealers i was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem, i cant get a smooth pullaway in first gear, it starts to go then has small hesitation and then it goes. Apart from this the engine is very smooth, anyone else have this or any ideas what the problem is? thanks in advance

GOLF MK 7 GT 2.0 TDI. MANUAL

0 0 0

2. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    It would be helpful to know the engine.

I imagine this problem only exists as you're still getting use to the clutch?

0 0 0

3. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    It would be helpful to know the engine.

I imagine this problem only exists as you're still getting use to the clutch?
    Sorry, 2.0 diesel.manual. I dont think its a question of getting used to clutch because its past the bite point when it happens!

0 0 0

4. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you sure it's not the hill-hold function disengaging? My first Roc didn't have this and my second Roc does - can't tell you how many times I stalled the second Roc before I got used to the system, trusting it not to roll back and having to give a bit more throttle on the most gentle of move-offs from junctions etc. The hill hold does hold you back a little and you have to give a little more throttle than you may have previously been used to.

0 1 0

5. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's a 2.0GT with dsg. Nothing like this on mine, and I use the hill-hold/elec park brake all the time.

0 0 0

6. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maisbitt View Post
    Are you sure it's not the hill-hold function disengaging? My first Roc didn't have this and my second Roc does - can't tell you how many times I stalled the second Roc before I got used to the system, trusting it not to roll back and having to give a bit more throttle on the most gentle of move-offs from junctions etc. The hill hold does hold you back a little and you have to give a little more throttle than you may have previously been used to.
    No, i dont switch auto hold on until i need it. Ill give it a bit longer to see if it changes in any way and might try and have a quick drive in a demo at the dealer. Ive got a 2.0 dsg loan from the dealer while ours is getting re-sprayed and am glad i went for the manual

0 0 0

7. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ceber: How do you turn off the auto hold that keeps the car from rolling back for approx 2 seconds after you take your foot off the brake pedal? You can't turn it off on my Roc by any means other than disabling the feature is VCDS. It's a feature VW want us all to embrace for the sake of the few that can't drive properly and end up riding the clutch on an inclined junction.

0 0 0

8. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ceber: How do you turn off the auto hold that keeps the car from rolling back for approx 2 seconds after you take your foot off the brake pedal? You can't turn it off on my Roc by any means other than disabling the feature is VCDS. It's a feature VW want us all to embrace for the sake of the few that can't drive properly and end up riding the clutch on an inclined junction.
    maisbitt; the function is great in the new mk7. And a vast improvement over previous auto-hold systems in rocs, passats etc. There really is no reason to turn it off.
    DaveB

0 1 0

9. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Autohold on my Passat CC is always on except when nosing out of my drive which is downhill and suffers from poor sight lines. Its a really worthwhile convenience which I'd prefer not to be without. On my B6 Passat Autohold was an option on manual cars at small cost and I made the error of not taking it. The electronic parking brake without Autohold was an incomplete solution.
    Autohold operates on the level as well as up and down hill. Does anyone know if these so-called Hill Hold Assist systems offered by the likes of Seat & Skoda in conjunction with a conventional handbrake operate in the same way or are they more limited?
    While such systems may be seen as a sop to those who cannot/will not use the handbrake they have benefits for the rest of us through removing any reason to sit foot on brake blinding the driver behind at night with brake lights as well as generally unneeded fog lights.
    Passat Estate GT 16 190/295 DSG Sand Gold/Espresso, Premium LEDs, Area View, DA Pack Plus, Park Assist, XDS, Boot divider, Olive Ash.
    TDI history, all saloons: CC 59 140/236 GT, Passat 06 140/236 Sport, A6 SE 2000 110/173, A4 SE 1995 90/149, 80 1992 90/134, plus SWMBO's 2000 A3 SE 90/155 hatch.
    1979 Alfasud 4 door 1.5 in Verde Pino. 105 bhp Green Cloverleaf engine .

0 0 0

10. Re: First engine issue! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um, i turn the auto hold off via the auto hold switch

0 0 0