Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!!

1. Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone before. My wife's cars back left door on her Audi A2 no longer opens remotely or manually.. All the other doors open and close fine, its just that door which scares her as god forbid an accident occurs, our child sits at that spot and she wants to gain access quickly.

I haven't had a full look at it but could it be a solenoid or a part in there that has failed or is it a board at the main drivers door?

Also the door can not be opened, does that mean the door card would need cutting out to get to the problem and replaced or is there a way to open it up without destroying it?

Any help would be appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone

0 0 0

3. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    warp_speed Guest
    I'm not sure about the A2 but its a VAG car so it might be similar to an issue I had with a 2002 Skoda Octavia. The problem is the lock. Inside the lock there is a motor which winds one of the gearing cogs away from the other cog so that it can't make contact with the locking mechanism.

The idea is that someone could use a screw driver to force the locking clip to move and hence open the door. But when the cog is wound away there is no physical contact with the locking clip and the rest of the locking mechanics. It doesn't help the fact that the locking mechanism is inside between 2 pieces of solid metal which you cannot unscrew from the door frame unless you can open the door. Ask me how I know....

Anyway the motor that winds the gear back and forward when you lock the door is goosed. Either the motor winding or the contacts are screwed. So the motor doesn't move when you unlock the door and hence you have problems. It can be intermittent so it might work, might not. But it will get to a point where it doesn't work at all.

New lock my friend and probably a new door card because there is no way to access the locking assembly if you cannot open the door. Don't try to fix the lock if you do manage to open the door. Remove lock and replace.

If you remove the door card you can see the locking clip between the lock and inner door frame, on the Skoda there was a 3 mm gap and my friend managed to bend the lock assembly enough to prise the clip to release the door.

We managed to salvage the door card on the Skoda with a glue gun and some careful reassembly, personally it looked sh** but my friend is a simple guy and is easily impressed.

1 1 0

4. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6-MO View Post
    Hi all,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone before. My wife's cars back left door on her Audi A2 no longer opens remotely or manually.. All the other doors open and close fine, its just that door which scares her as god forbid an accident occurs, our child sits at that spot and she wants to gain access quickly.

I haven't had a full look at it but could it be a solenoid or a part in there that has failed or is it a board at the main drivers door?

Also the door can not be opened, does that mean the door card would need cutting out to get to the problem and replaced or is there a way to open it up without destroying it?

Any help would be appreciated

If it is anything like the passat/bora part, you may find it starts working again, it can sometimes be persuaded to work by banging the lock area of the door, whilst operating the c/l button. Do this with the engine running, the system volts are higher. if you get it open, change out the lock or do not operate the deadlock until you have changed it!
    It is worth checking the wiring plug for the door loom for corrosion, which is in the rubber gaiter to the doorpost.
    2001 Passat estate Sport tdi 130hp
    2001 Passat Sport tdi 130hp
    1990 Audi coupe 20v x 2

1 0 0

5. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

I will give options a go..

0 0 0

6. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Who would have thought this..

Battery dies on wifes car and its all back to normal !!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: Has this happened to anyone, door stuck!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6-MO View Post
    Who would have thought this..

Battery dies on wifes car and its all back to normal !!!!
    This is possibly because the door lock is in a stuck state (electronically), the battery being disconnected means the stuck state is lost..

0 0 0