Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi

I totally agree with Mark TM and Apole.

Look for a new installer. I've done about 60.000 +, no prob what ever in my 3.2 with a Prins system.

Dave

0 0 0

2. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi apole where did you get the conversion done and what was the cost im considering getting mine done on a 54 plate 3.2 fsi

0 0 0

3. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi There.

Go for a prins system as I think they have the edge on the rest. Had mine fitted for a number of years and no probs on my 3.2 with big fuel bill savings. If you google them you should be ok for nearest outlet.

Dave

0 0 0

4. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I remember when I had my profile pic car converted in 2005, LPG was 33ppl compared to petrol at 88ppl. Last year LPG rose to a high of 76 ppl with unleaded at about 1.10. Now I've seen LPG as low as 58ppl with unleaded at around 1.15. Am glad it now seems more cost effective as was worried prices were rising as to make it impractical.

Mine has paid for itself but I'd certainly not be converting unless I was covering in excess of 15k miles per annum...otherwise there's too long to wait until breakeven
    Last edited by MarkTM; 27-07-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

5. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, 6 years on, thought I'd post an update on my 4.2 A6. Still got it - converted at 50k, now on 143k, still goes like a train!

LPG system has been great. Car is just starting to show it's age in other ways, but at 14 years old what do you expect? I'll be keeping it for a while yet, it's been a really reliable motor.

LPG system has had nothing except routine servicing done to it.

0 1 0

6. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Felt, do share what the most miles from a full LPG tank has been?

Am considering another LPG car after McDonald's killed mine last year, nothing to do with the LPG system excepting that it causes cats to run hotter by 200-300c, can't complain as served me for 14yrs and over 100k trouble free miles An LPG runaround one would have to manage 400 motorway miles on a tank.

firedamage.jpg

LPG seems to have come down by me and can get for 0.55ppl, with unleaded at £1.20ppl it's a no-brainer, but would only consider buying one already converted.

Bought this as a replacement but no plans to convert it:

side.jpg
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

7. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    300 miles is about the best from a tank on my car, and that's on a run - more like 250 for general mixed use round town etc. If you drove like a saint you might get 350 on a run - very noticeable that the right foot correlates directly to how quickly the tank is emptied!

Main thing to watch now is can the car you're after be converted - direct injection just doesn't seem to suit conversion as well as the older cars.

I keep thinking of what mine could be replaced with, but I really can't see anything I fancy. That's the trouble with having a nice car, after a big chunky V8 I don't want to go back down again! I have to be careful with car choice as nearly all my miles are company miles - if I get a car with worse mpg than the deadly dull 2ltr diesel company car they would give me, I pay the difference in fuel cost for all my company miles. I get away with it with the Audi as it's on LPG.

Ideally I'd have another big petrol engine car, pick up something about 5 years old with low miles, and get it converted - but the choice just isn't there.

0 0 0

8. Re: 3.2 FSI Prins LPG Conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yep 80k of my 110k put on my car was business miles between 2004-2009

As I took cash in lieu of the car I got a reduced rate of 18ppm at the petrol rate (they didn't have the facility to claim for LPG until 2009 at 15ppm). So the £14k claimed not only paid for the fuel, but all servicing, insurance, MOT, tax in my ownership, and that doesn't count the difference clawed back from HMIT each year...woohoo!

Agreed, even my new (to me) 5.0 SC'd Jag is 5yrs old and cost me £33k last year, that said it will still managed 33mpg on a 200 mile run in the wee small hours, helped (?) by the 25 miles of 50mpg average speed check on the M4...smart motorways my @rse! But with 510PS not really what it was designed for

I think I'll just get sommat economical like a 2015 petrol polo 1.2 (with £20 road tax) drive it for a few years before converting it and putting the largest LPG cylinder tank I can find

Best of luck to you.

0 0 0

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456