1. A3 Electro Power Steering Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All new to the forum, so please bare with me: Can anyone offer any insight as to why my 2009 tdi sportback has just started showing the electro power steering warning light - it isn't actually illuminated, its just like glowing and even when the ignition is off and the car is locked...!!!! The steering feels fine, any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers Dave

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 Electro Power Steering Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes this has shown up on number of A3's I've looked at, I think its residual light from surrounding systems, its very faint almost background light as such, don't worry about it.

Post a pic to be sure.

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 Electro Power Steering Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2004 A3 TDi Sport that 3 days ago the power steering warning light came on (glows Red) . It comes when I start the car (and the steering is very heavy) and then goes out (and the power steering returns) after about 20 minutes of driving and sometimes it stays on for the entire journey even when ive been driving for over an hour. Could it be a steering module? Or, corroded terminal?

Any help would be appreciated

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 Electro Power Steering Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveyttt View Post
    Hi All new to the forum, so please bare with me: Can anyone offer any insight as to why my 2009 tdi sportback has just started showing the electro power steering warning light - it isn't actually illuminated, its just like glowing and even when the ignition is off and the car is locked...!!!! The steering feels fine, any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers Dave
    I am having the same issue with my A3 1.6 (2010). Very weak power steering amber warning light comes on, the steering is fine but the light stays on. I am taking it to audi to see wjat theu say. I hope I don"t have to get a new steering rack.

0 0 0

5. Re: A3 Electro Power Steering Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This forum is awesome.
    I’ve saved so much just by reading some of the very knowledgeable people posts on here.
    The ESP/ABS warning light my wife had on hers was the sensor. Nothing sinister. £35 and took an hour to sort out.
    Thanks again guys. Keep up the good work.
    2009 Audi A6 Avant 2.0L Tdi
    2010 Audi A3 2.0L Tdi

0 0 0