Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alright guys,im in despo need of some help

my 2001 a4 1.9tdi sport recently started to go into what i thought was limp home mode,but now im not so sure,at first the car was going from being ok to having no pull at all,and it was flipping from the two at random times,either when engine was cold or hot,and not just uphill but on straights too,the turbo would kick in and it flew as normal,then next second it was flat like driving with handbrake on,it wouldnt rev past 3000rpm and was poo!,hence limp home mode was my first thought,ive since changed the N75 valve(from Audi not Ebay),and ive ran with the MAF disconnected(no change),ive checked the hoses i can see for splits or tears,but i think there is still a few to check but cant see?,this started a few days ago and over the last two days the turbo has no kicked in at all now,im at a loss and im reluctant to take it to a garage as ive only got a few pennies spare at the mo!,it is due a sevice and the service parts are coming in the next few days,but im sure this wouldnt be the solution,it also gets up to normal temp(90) and runs fine,except no boost!

ive had it on the plug in for codes and none come up except engine mount!

anyone near me(middlesbrough) that could help a guy out?

0 0 0

2. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Can you get hold of a vacuum gauge?
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

3. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no,ill be honest i dont know what one is!,lol

0 0 0

4. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would i be best to go to garage to ask them to vacuum test it?

0 0 0

5. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    What you need to do is remove the vac pipe to the turbo actuator diaphram and see if there's any suction there when you rev the engine,what you're trying to establish if the turbo is being asked to operate,if there's a vac present when you rev up the turbo is coked up,if there's nothing there,move back further down the line.

0 0 0

6. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool,ill try that,if the turbo is coked,would that stop it turning?,could it be cleaned or is it a refurb job?,and if i need new hoses,are they easy to get hold of or a special audi order?

0 0 0

7. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    It could also be the diaphram in the actuator,so you need to do some basic checks first to pinpoint the cause,vacuum hose is available at any decent motor factor.

0 0 0

8. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_noir_1976 View Post
    Alright guys,im in despo need of some help

my 2001 a4 1.9tdi sport recently started to go into what i thought was limp home mode,but now im not so sure,at first the car was going from being ok to having no pull at all,and it was flipping from the two at random times,either when engine was cold or hot,and not just uphill but on straights too,the turbo would kick in and it flew as normal,then next second it was flat like driving with handbrake on,it wouldnt rev past 3000rpm and was poo!,hence limp home mode was my first thought,ive since changed the N75 valve(from Audi not Ebay),and ive ran with the MAF disconnected(no change),ive checked the hoses i can see for splits or tears,but i think there is still a few to check but cant see?,this started a few days ago and over the last two days the turbo has no kicked in at all now,im at a loss and im reluctant to take it to a garage as ive only got a few pennies spare at the mo!,it is due a sevice and the service parts are coming in the next few days,but im sure this wouldnt be the solution,it also gets up to normal temp(90) and runs fine,except no boost!

ive had it on the plug in for codes and none come up except engine mount!

anyone near me(middlesbrough) that could help a guy out?
    Pretty sure the unplugging the MAF trick doesn't work on Audi TDI's so I don't think that's telling you anything. Have you had a look at the measuring blocks on VCDS/Vagcom yet?
    B6 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decatted, remapped to 165bhp, EGR delete, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy's, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cool Glove Box, Parking Sensors, Rear privacy glass.
    Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR 3 door Lima Green.

0 0 0

9. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont know what that is,so if the unpluuging of maf dont work,could that be worth a change?

0 0 0

10. Re: Please HELP!! a4 1.9TDI No boost! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VCDS/Vagcom is a VAG diagnostic tool.
    So I take it your 'plug in tool" is a code reader?
    You really need to get someone with VCDS to check for fault codes as there are loads of codes that generic code readers don't recognise.
    B6 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decatted, remapped to 165bhp, EGR delete, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy's, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cool Glove Box, Parking Sensors, Rear privacy glass.
    Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR 3 door Lima Green.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast