1. Cool Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been doing so research into installing and enabling the ADS system on my car for some time and finally did it last weekend. I had read mixed reviews as to whether or not this was worth it, on a car without the active dampers or active steering, but I can report that it does make a big difference to the standard power steering and engine throttle response. In comfort mode, the throttle seems very smooth and progressive, and the power steering light and easy to move the wheel, Auto mode is back to the factory standard, and Dynamic sharpens up everything. The best way I can describe the throttle response is like chipping the engine, you get a strong surge of power without having to depress the pedal as much and the power steering is firm and a lot more responsive and sharp.

All in all it cot me £110 in parts from the Audi garage: switch, console surround, and some repair wires, and a 5 amp fuse. Took me about 2hrs start to finish, including the VCDS changes.

Credit for this must got to this site for the parts list and how to guide, although the fuse box for correct installation was slightly different, and I was fitting this on a non MMI car.

AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

all in all a worthwhile mod.
    Attached Images
    MY2014 A5 Cab Special Ed 3.0TDI 245 S-tronic, Sepang Blue.
    Sports Diff | Damper Control | ADS | Tech pack MMI Plus | Adaptive Head Lights | Hill hold Assist | Interior Light Pack | Dimming & Folding Mirrors | TPMS | Flat Bottom Steering Wheel | Debadged | S5 brushed aluminium mirrors | DTUK CRD-T box | K&N filter.
    VCDS Tweaks: video in motion, voice control.

1 1 0

2. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have set up the engine and steering using VCDS and enabled it so its controlled through the MMI. You are right, it does tighten the steering and make the engine more responsive.

I did not activate the dampers, as for me there is no point as I only have the S line suspension.

I am debating about completing this mod and adding the switches, but its cool to be able to switch through the MMI.

Fully agree with you, its a worthwhile mod!
    2013 A6 2.0TDi S-line
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas & fault diagnostics/resets on most other makes.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would recommend installing the switch. Control module was throwing up error messages without it on mine. You may not get this with the MMI version though?
    Sports Diff | Damper Control | ADS | Tech pack MMI Plus | Adaptive Head Lights | Hill hold Assist | Interior Light Pack | Dimming & Folding Mirrors | TPMS | Flat Bottom Steering Wheel | Debadged | S5 brushed aluminium mirrors | DTUK CRD-T box | K&N filter.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I get the error show on on VCDS but I ignore it as I know its only because I have not actually fitted the switch. I think I only need the switch itself for mine, as mine has sat nav, so where the switch would be I just have a blanking panel. Will look into it a bit more I think!
    2013 A6 2.0TDi S-line
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas & fault diagnostics/resets on most other makes.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any 1 know part no for console surround I only have the space for ESP?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have a non MMI car like mine, and without the advanced key (no start stop button) then:
    console surround piece p/n is: 8k0 864 216 B
    the ADS switch p/n is: 8k0 959 673 E ( without 'individual setting')
    the plug that goes into the bottom of the switch is: ICO 973 119 B
    and the repair wires / pins for the plug are: 000 979 009

I put a link to a how to guide in the first post.

Good luck
    Attached Images

1 1 0

7. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this something that can be done at the Audi garage? I just got my new car last week and although it has loads of features through the MMI, the ADS is not one of them.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My local garage would not install this, as its a factory fit option. As the wires are not there in the existing wiring harness, they would need to replace these, ie stripping the interior out. Actually all you need to do is add 3 wires, following the existing cable runs if you do a neat job, and keeping it as close to oem as possible. You will need VCDS to enable as well.

Switch p/n is different for MMI cars as it goes in the dash rather than the centre console. See: AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you know we're I could get that 8k0864216 b with out going to audi? I looked eBay can't see any

i think audi would cost a lot for this part

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, Audi specific part, so unless you can find a right off which is being broken for parts, the dealer is your best option. Even with all the parts from a deal, it's half the price of it factory fitted from new.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast