Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanekk View Post
    Any idea how?

I have try to go to 07-control head also try to go to 5F information - but I cant remember now but something like not found it says, so can my mmi not have the drive select on the screen? as i cant have a hidden menu any help please
    the hidden menu in MMI 2G can be enabled with:
    [07 - Control Head]
    [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 8
    change 0 to 1

Enable Hidden menu in MMI
    [5F - Information Electr.]
    [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 6
    change 0 to 1

If none of those working for you, its strange, i cant remember was the access in 2G different from 3G or not, 3G is 100% car+setup for 6 seconds! What system you have in your car(radio)?

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont know what mmi I have I have no nav so maybe mmi2

I have tryed both 5F and 07 and the two off them keep coming up not found dont know why tho do i not have these?

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanekk View Post
    I dont know what mmi I have I have no nav so maybe mmi2

I have tryed both 5F and 07 and the two off them keep coming up not found dont know why tho do i not have these?
    If you have concert or sympfony radio its not proper mmi, i belive ads is not for that system!

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes My one says concert so I cant have the ads on the screen then that must be it

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So is putting in the button the only way off getting the ads? would you say?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a4audio View Post

All in all it cot me £110 in parts from the Audi garage: switch, console surround, and some repair wires, and a 5 amp fuse. Took me about 2hrs start to finish, including the VCDS changes.

Credit for this must got to this site for the parts list and how to guide, although the fuse box for correct installation was slightly different, and I was fitting this on a non MMI car.

AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

all in all a worthwhile mod.
    Hi the part number you give me for the console surround audi said its not showing up is the number right? also that link to do the install is for a mmi car not a non mmi like you done is there much off a difference in the 2 fittings?

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just tried to enable this on my car with mmi I have managed to bring ADS up on the mmi display under car options menu but it's greyed out?? Has anyone else had this?
    Unauthorised commercial link removed as per forum rules

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by size12 View Post
    I just tried to enable this on my car with mmi I have managed to bring ADS up on the mmi display under car options menu but it's greyed out?? Has anyone else had this?
    Have you definately followed the guide word for word? It sounds like its only activated in hidden menu so that it shows up on MMI but not actually programmed fully via VCDS.
    2013 A6 2.0TDi S-line
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas & fault diagnostics/resets on most other makes.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it seems man reading instructions is not the way forward :-$
    Ok set the long code ok I think but having trouble getting security access as I am using avdi not vcds it's taking some Woking out lol
    Cheers.
    Jon
    Unauthorised commercial link removed as per forum rules

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Drive Select (ADS) retrofitted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a4audio View Post
    I've been doing so research into installing and enabling the ADS system on my car for some time and finally did it last weekend. I had read mixed reviews as to whether or not this was worth it, on a car without the active dampers or active steering, but I can report that it does make a big difference to the standard power steering and engine throttle response. In comfort mode, the throttle seems very smooth and progressive, and the power steering light and easy to move the wheel, Auto mode is back to the factory standard, and Dynamic sharpens up everything. The best way I can describe the throttle response is like chipping the engine, you get a strong surge of power without having to depress the pedal as much and the power steering is firm and a lot more responsive and sharp.

All in all it cot me £110 in parts from the Audi garage: switch, console surround, and some repair wires, and a 5 amp fuse. Took me about 2hrs start to finish, including the VCDS changes.

Credit for this must got to this site for the parts list and how to guide, although the fuse box for correct installation was slightly different, and I was fitting this on a non MMI car.

AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

all in all a worthwhile mod.

Im thinking of doing this soon. But when you stated about the fuse box installation being slightly different, can you explain why and how you went about it, please.

The reason I ask, is because I've just had a look on our 2009 A4 passenger fuse box (brown) and can't see where the other positive fuse blade socket is on number 2, so where would it be able to get a positive current from once you've installed the positive wire from the switch and a fuse into the fuse box?
    2018 Audi A4 S-line Black Edition 2.0TDI - 190bhp

0 0 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast