Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain (new to the forum) I'm looking at purchasing a brand new A6 2.0 TDI Black edition on a PCP finance deal for the first time, I know there are a couple of threads where people have mentioned target discount percentages between 12-20%. (PCP over 3 years 12k per year)

The price quoted is £39450 all in with a few extras. Would the 20% (for example) be off that price that i should be haggling to get? Excluding the £2500 Audi finance and £2500 audi dealer contribution? They are also offering at the moment £1000 extra if I px my current car (BMW) Premium px contribution ?

Apologies if it seems I'm bringing up an old topic just want to be sure on what I should be looking out for and towards before I take the plunge.

Any advice/help would be most appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    First thing I'd suggest is that you get a price from an on-line broker (Drive the Deal, Orangewheels, Broadspeed, etc) and use that as your yardstick for opening negotiations with your dealer. The broker quote will include all current dealer incentives and will be dependant on taking out finance, etc.

If you do go the broker route then they will put you in touch with a dealer (somewhere in the country, not necessarily your local one) and from then on, all communication will be direct with the dealer. All in all, it's a pretty painless way of buying a new car, except for actually coughing up the money, of course
    Audi A6 Allroad 245 in Dakota Grey (2013)
    Audi SQ5 (C+S) in Ultra Blue (2022)
    Yamaha DT400E in Competition Yellow (1977)

1 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    In my experience, I am on my third car with a VWFS PCP deal the overall discount offered will include the Audi Finance and Dealer contribution and the ability, going via the PCP route, to get too much more off the price is hard. Also the £5k + £1k offer seems to be above the current PCP offers being advertised by Audi.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thank you for the info so far guys.

I will get on to a few broker sites today (Allroad) as you have mentioned and report back with some figures. I think I will start on Drive the Deal as they seem to be mentioned a few times in previous posts. It's always difficult coughing up your hard earned cash hence I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. (Others may just call me a tight git) lol

Well spotted John, mistake on my behalf the Audi Finance contribution and Dealer contribution are £2250 each. Totalling £5500 including the premium px contribution of £1k.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Make sure you are comparing like with like on the PCP side. DtD PCP APR rates seem to be coming in at over 10% compared to Audi at under 7% and the Audi excess mileage charge seems to be lower than many, although not an issue unless you plan to simply hand the cart back at the end of the deal and walk away. You will also need to compare the residual values to come up with the total real cost of the vehicle. VWFS also includes a no penalty early redemption option which is useful if for some reason you want to change the car before the end of the term (or simply pay off the contract early)

1 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Advice from ‘Allroad’ makes sense.

Many dealers just give up when you mention DTD, but not all, so persevere.

Even if you don’t want / need the Audi PCP deal take it anyway to get the contribution and then terminate as soon as you like. This will cost a small amount in admin fees etc., but you will be quids in overall.

Going through a broker you might still be able to get a PX, it will depend on the dealer the broker puts you in touch with. There is also ‘webuyanycar’, who beat one PX I was offered, and selling privately.

If delivery times are important to you take this into account. A new factory order will probably take the same time from any dealer , but many dealers will have cars they have pre-ordered which will be in a ‘spec amendable’ state. This means some dealers will be able to deliver a car your spec more quickly than others.

If you’re not too fussy about spec dealers sometimes have pre-ordered cars either in stock or post the ‘ spec amendable’ state which they want to find owners for, this enhances your negotiating position.

Also consider what other benefits your dealer can offer. In my case they are willing to lend me a car for a month which is a benefit to me.

Good luck!

1 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi Guys

Ive had a look around online for quotes ive narrowed it down at the moment to Orange wheels and DtD. DtD are yet to get back to me with a PCP quotation. But OW have quoted £30784 for the car ,£8666 off the list price £39450. (including £4500 Audi finance and Audi dealer Contribution + £1000 Premium PX) so i assume the £3166 difference is the their negotiated discount from the dealer?

OW are quoting me "around" £330 per month Including an £8000 (px for my car). GMFV £15060 after 3 yrs based on 12,000 per year. The APR accross the board seem to be consistant 6.4% to 6.7%.

(I know Audi last quater were offering £1500 for Premium px's that extra £500 discount would have been useful cant believe they have changed it now)

What are your guys thoughts on the above offer?

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I collected my white black edition in March, I got the £2250 finance contribution as well as £1500 px bonus as i was px my A3, as well as 14% of the £35010 cost of the car off, so £4900. In total i got a £8650 discount off the car, just under 25%, I phoned a couple of dealers in order to secure the discount but it is possible as I've done it. I know the dealers profit margin is 14% and if u push hard enough you will be able to get the car at cost, the dealer makes it back at the end of the quarter in their quarterly target bonuses. My advise would be to deduct 14% off the car and then add any finance contributions or px contributions to that 14%, the 14% discount replaces the standard dealer contribution. Hope that helps.

1 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks Essex86, you have given me an idea in which direct I should be haggling too. from what you say the deal you got seems in line with the offer OW are offering. Im still waiting for DtD to get back to me with an PCP quote their price is about £1k higher then OW but not sure if that includes all the discount contributions. Interestingly I went on to the Audi website this morning and their offers page is down, so likelihood they are changing their offers for the new quarter.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 2013 Black Edition - Finance deal/Haggle tips 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The offers do change quarterly, and from what you've said I understand that they've reduced the px contribution by £500, but generally the general A6 offers tend to stay the same each quarter. Personally Im not a fan of DtD, they wont px and you have to pay a deposit before your put through to their dealer, plus Iv just checked the quotes of both DtD and OW and OW discount is a £1000 more and they'll accept px. I initially enquired with OW when I was looking to get my car and they came up with a price that was close to deal I eventually got but I didn't want to drive to their dealer who was based up north as Im down south. So I used their price as a starting point and because I was direct with local dealers on the price I was prepared to pay for the car basing it on what I could get elsewhere I was able match and better the OW price. I would say just be up front with them about what you've been offered and state that you know what is possible on the price and I found they'd then match it as they'd rather keep the business, I also found I was able to get a greater discount if they were able to locate a stock car, but that limits the options you can opt for, fortunately I only wanted heated seats which most stock cars have.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast