Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello forum users,

I recently bought B5 Avant and found the plug for VCDS while I was cleaning the car yesterday:

Question Some sort of plug/socket next to rear seat ashtray

I have something that I would like to check with VCDS (motion sensor alarm deactivate button on B pillar):

Question Disable motion sensor alarm

I'm new to an on-board diagnostics tool and I'm interested in purchasing a full set of VCDS, but my pocket isn't convinced yet...

Is there any wise and kind VCDS owner in East Sussex (near Brighton, Eastbourne, Hastings) who wouldn't mind a bit of his/her time to have a scan on my car and show me how VCDS works, please? Couple of bear can/bottle or wine awaits for you...!

Thank you in advance.
    '11 VW B7 Passat Estate 2.0TDi CFFB (Current)
    '98 VW T4 Transporter 2.5TDi ACV (Previous)
    '99 Audi B5 A4 Avant 1.9TDi AFN (Previous)

0 0 0

2. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am also local to this person and would like a couple of things changed and shown, more beer tokens can be thrown in.

0 0 0

3. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A little update on this.

I bought a cable from one of the Ross-Tech UK distributor Gendan for VCDS Lite version to troubleshoot my problem: Question Re-fitting Concert (BOSE) from another Audi (no sound from front speakers).

I didn't pay for the Lite registration and the above problem is solved. I was excited. But I soon realised how very limited the "free" Lite version is.
    It is $99.00 to register to unlock the rest of VCDS Lite functions.
    Then it's $349 (or £263.00 from Gendan) for the full version VCDS licence with HEX-USB+CAN cable.

Now I doubt I'll need the full VCDS for my 15yr old car (or do I?), but I'm very interested in getting into grips with VCDS. I'd probably get a VAG car after this so it may be wise to familiarise myself with it. But I have a long-term plan and that involves leaving this lovely country in the future.

So I'm wondering whether to pay $99.00 for Lite registration or invest on the full VCDS.

Another factor to consider is how many of fellow VAG drivers in Sussex and nearby would require access to VCDS? I would be happy to get myself one and offer it for diagnostics / coding in return for a small change to cover a fraction of the price. I don't intend to make it a business but would be a good idea to help others while others can chip in for the cost.

Just a thought.

0 0 0

4. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    And VCDS will work on Vag cars wherever you go in the world. ..

bloody smart phones....
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

5. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, that is very true. Thanks for pointing it out.

I found out that if I buy $99 registration for LITE and then proceed in buying the full VCDS, Ross-Tech would use $99 as a credit towards the payment for the full version. I also found out that it's slightly cheaper to get VCDS from Ross-Tech directly (including the surplus for the postage!) than from a UK distributor... so I think I'll invest on $99 Lite registration now and then use the credit to pay off the rest for VCDS in the future if I need to get the full version. Sounds ideal.

0 0 0

6. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    mjhamilton Guest
    I am in West Sussex and have had vcds lite for about 6 months now - it has done everything I have needed thus far

Just remember it is not transferable so once you code it to the PC you install it on then that's it (I think rosstech offer one transfer)

Enjoy

0 0 0

7. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm in Ashford with the full version... probably not close enough but if you are ever out this way id be happy to help.

0 0 0

8. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, thanks both, very reassuring to hear that there are fellow VAG drivers with VCDS nearby.

mjhamilton – I might ask for bit of your time in near future just for a basic tutorial on how to use LITE (auto-scan, how to understand “faults”, what else LITE can do, etc).

Avidfanofstuff – I often go Camber / north kent on a weekend so I might ask for your help in the future. One of the things I want to do with my car is to retro-fit cruise control stalk + wiring to ECU. I believe it’ll need the full VCDS to code it correctly.

Once I’m familiar with the program, I would be happy to help out fellow drivers nearby, too.

0 0 0

9. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    mjhamilton Guest
    No problem - all part of being a forum member

0 0 0

10. Re: Any fellow users with VCDS in East Sussex, please? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhamilton View Post
    No problem - all part of being a forum member
    Hey dont suppose your around in Sussex tomorrow ? Need vcds and been let down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast