0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok, so after the recent fuel filter renewal and glowplugs change

Lumpy BRE engine - Page 7

I'm looking at other updates.

After coming away from the dealers about 10 miles down the road the brake warning light came on....lol
    Can't complain really as I haven't changed anything on the brakes for the last 3 years, so about due I think.

I checked out dealer vs Indy for brake pads front n rear, discs n pads all around, as well as a brake fluid change and coolant flush which are about due.

Dealer V Indy pricing differential

I'm sure I could go for another few thousand miles on the existing pads, but the warning light is bugging me....lol

I'm going to check out getting her booked in for at least the brake fluid change and coolant flush shortly.

If memory serves I'm sure the warning light is for the fronts only, so probably they'll need done. A quick visual of the discs show that they're lipped slightly but I wouldn't imagine they're done just yet, so I may get away with pads only on the front, worst case scenario, pads all round......Of course I'll let you know how it goes.

On a side note the low oil warning light came on today, so really unusually I was driving with a brake pad warning light, low oil warning light AND a low fuel warning light.....lol
    A stop 10 mins later put the fuel and oil lights out, so just the brakes to be done now.

Cheers

Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; 11-01-2016 at 03:05 PM.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

2. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jim
    FWIW I've recently put Pagid discs and pads all round on my A6 and was so impressed by them I've fitted them to our Golf GTI as well (ECP).
    Good luck with the work!
    2006 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI quattro S-Line
    2015 Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line Plus

1 0 0

3. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You may want to read this

Pads need replacing - would anybody recommend Pagid?

Edit - just realised you use Pagid on your wife's Passat - doh!

1 0 0

4. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2006 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI quattro S-Line
    2015 Q5 2.0 TDI S-Line Plus

0 0 0

5. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieTryin' View Post
    Hi Jim
    FWIW I've recently put Pagid discs and pads all round on my A6 and was so impressed by them I've fitted them to our Golf GTI as well (ECP).
    Good luck with the work!
    Yes Pagid are very good, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    You may want to read this

Pads need replacing - would anybody recommend Pagid?

Edit - just realised you use Pagid on your wife's Passat - doh!

Lol...Yes Chris, I have fitted them to my wifes Passat.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

6. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    On a side note the low oil warning light came on today, so really unusually I was driving with a braek pad warning light, low oil warning light AND a low fuel warning light.....lol
    On a plus note Jim, at least you sorted out your rear light issue, or you could've had four beeps for lights as well as the three beeps for oil, fuel & brake pads when you started her up!

You're right in that the rear pads don't bring up a warning beep, only the fronts.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 0 0

7. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Paul, I thought that was the case.

I may ask them if I can bring it in beforehand so they can advise exactly what needs doing for reference, before getting any work done.

0 0 0

8. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok so here's where I am with my A6 at present......

A few months ago I started by replacing the thermostat as it looked as if it had gone.

To try and work towards resolving my lumpy running, cold start / hard start scenario I renewed the fuel filter at 21k miles and also changed the glow plugs ( they'd been in 6 years and approx 101k miles )...this helped for sure.

More recently, I replaced my front / rear pads & discs all round ( first time in approx 4 years ) as well as a brake fluid change and a coolant flush.

Today, I replaced the air filter ( a litle dirty but not the worst I've seen by a long way ) and also got a Comma A/C refresh bomb

Thermostat £130.00
    Fuel filter + Glowplugs £265.93
    Brakes all round, brake fluid + coolant flush £475.00
    Air filter £21.00
    A/C bomb £11.99

I've been looking into the MAF as a possible replacement part.....At 102k miles I'm sure it can only help?
    A genuine Audi part £101.00 probably fit myself.......we'll see on this at a later date!

Car booked in for Monday for a thorough diagnostics check ( no lights on dash ) I've explained about her being slightly down on power and just a little sluggish, probably only I'd notice to be fair Cost will be £60.00

After explaining symptoms re fuel filter change and there being oil in the fuel, we chatted about tandem pumps, in tank fuel lift pumps and a possible clean out of the tank, fuel lines etc etc.....This could be another £700 - £1000 or more, we'll see whats thrown up after the diagnostic and go from there.

See below my warranty work done on the car from new below for reference......

If its designated as a Tandem pump fault AGAIN I won't be happy and will be taking Audi to task over this.

My car new in early 2007, had a Tandem pump replaced under warranty on 15th August 2009 and here we are 3 and a half years later possibly needing another one??

I don't think so.....I can feel an arguement coming as I had with my Passat front wing corrosion....They offered 50% goodwill but eventually saw it my way in the end and replaced both wings totally F.O.C

Please Help front wing corrosion

They called it "goodwill" but I knew different.........either way it was resolved.

I know this may be slightly different, but having already had a part replaced under warranty + ALL the posts about Tandem pump failures all over the net, speaks volumes in my mind................Anyway, no point in jumping the gun, we'll see I guess.

I'm determined to get to the bottom of my issues and get them resolved.

I don't think in monetary terms its actually that bad, other than tyres she's been pretty good the last 4 years, so its all coming at once I guess.

If after the diagnostics it turns out to be intank lift pump & or the tandem pump + a clean out of the tank / fuel lines etc it could end up costing a fair bit.......

I'll let you know how it goes from here........

1 0 0

9. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Remember it has 100k (and six years old, yes?) on the clock so don't expect it to be faultless like it has been!

0 0 0

10. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Chris - I know, Totally.

I think you may misunderstand, I'm NOT complaining!!

Its simply a lit of where I am to date, any issues, whats been done, how much and what I may / may not need to do from here on in.

Although I have had a lot of issues with my car from new, as stated here and other places many times, I love her to bits and baby her.

If anything I've said many times recently that although she pretty much gets what she needs, that hasn't been much this past 4 years apart from tyres and "WANTS" such as new alloys etc.

She is serviced on time ( if not before ) and this past 3 years maybe, she has had oil changes in between those too, but again no gripes here on that score, sailing through 4 MOT's.

What I will be seriously annoyed at, is IF it turns out to be Tandem pump related AGAIN!

There's been so many posts about this issue, and I've already had mine replaced under warranty some time ago.

To summarise - Its simply an update of where I am with my car for those that may have an interest / or similar issues and might find this helpful. It is also bringing the tandem pump issue to the fore as it may relate to me, how annoyed I am at that, IF it turns out to the case and where I intend to go with it.

1 1 0

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast