Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    You may want to read this

Pads need replacing - would anybody recommend Pagid?

Edit - just realised you use Pagid on your wife's Passat - doh!

I went with EBC REDSTUFF ceramics all round, 90% less dust and better stopping than OEM.
    :: EBC Brakes Direct Limited ::

1 1 0

2. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Helpful thread, Pagid were on offer over easter at ECP picked up a set of rear for £26.

Just need to get round to fitting them
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

3. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi

Didnt realise you had issues with your car -hope you iron them out !

Did around a 1000 in the last few days - London and back and visited a few old friends in the city. Car was faultless and got on the fuel computer 56 on the way back. Probably need front tyres soon and the brake indicator light is still on and thats been around 2500 miles. I dont like braking lol. Will schedule to get them in and done soon.

Mile stone this afternoon - crossed all the ones 111,111 miles completed.

2014 Andi 3.0 V6 TDi S-Line Quattro
    Full LeatherIHeated SeatsIElectric SeatsISunroofIMatt Brushed Aluminium InlaysIBi-Xenon HeadlightsIRear Park AssistIBluetooth

2 1 0

4. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Gavin,
    thanks for the post, few issues here n there & spent a little recently but its all good.

I hope to have a better idea on Monday after the diagnostic and see where I am at that point.

Cool milestone 111,111
    Last edited by JimC64; 05-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

5. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok so had the diagnostics ran today at AudiTechnik and they found as follows......

Prior to them starting the diagnostics, I was able to speak with the tech and explain my "feelings / issues" with the car, and also what steps had been taken recently to deal with them.

New fuel filter
    New glow plugs
    New air filter

I explained about a very slight misfire at idle ( not enough to move the needle, more a seat of the pants feeling ) about slightly higher fuel consumption and also the recent fuel filter change, oil in the fuel. We also discussed Audi's recommendation to start by replacing the intank fuel pump and that there may be issues with the tandem pump. I also expressed my concern about the MAF aensor at 102k miles and possibly that she would benefit from a fresh one?
    Could he look into these when checking diagnostics?

They were kind enough to take a fuel sample, which proved clear ( filter changed around 3 weeks ago and perhaps a 1000 miles or more )
    He commented that the intank pump must be clean as it would show from where they took the sample, and all was well
    The MAF seemed fine and all within spec
    The Egr again seemed fine and within spec, perhaps a little high?

He summarised by saying ( as he showed me ) tha the tandem pump "could be" a little weak causing loss of power at the top end and or that the EGR valve may be going, but that there was nothing more conclusive than that

Essentially he gave her a clean bill of health and a case of wait and see what / if anything develops from here.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 1 0

6. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have read plenty in relation to oil and fuel mixing etc but what are the other defined symptoms in relation to tandem pump failure - I note mention of increased fuel consumption ( a issue I am currently chasing on my car ) in this thread - is there a way of checking the pump is functioning to spec?

0 0 0

7. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey there, I'm no expert by any means, but it was explained to me as follows....

If you have a weak tandem pump, it can feel sometimes like you're running out of steam at the top end, does this apply?
    Also,you canhave to apply more throttle / more gas to get the same power = more fuel usage.

Out of curiosity, when was your fuel filter / air filter last changed?
    Audi recomend 40k for fuel filters, I changed mine at 21k and it was in a right old mess.
    Air filters are very cheap, but again they are not necessarily changed at every service....Its good practice to change them at least very year IMO. As I said, very cheap and something you can easily do yourself.

Hope it helps

0 0 0

8. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My air filter was changed a matter if days ago...... But wasn't that bad..... my fuel filter needs to be done as I can't be sure when that was last done.

0 0 0

9. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jim, has your shuddering completely stopped now?
    A6 Avant SE BRE

0 0 0

10. Re: Remedial work to my A6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Josh, yes, the juddering seems to have disappeared mate, very pleased & relieved....lol

Of course if I let it get to stall speeds I'm sure I could recreate it, but not going down that route.

I'm really in 2 minds about the MAF sensor though.....I spoke to one of my contacts at the Audi dealers in the parts dept and he says they've replaced quite a few ( checked stock and they have decent numbers available....always a tell tale sign )
    But..... the Audi tech today seems to think my MAF is within spec and it won't make any difference?

I've read and read / re read many posts on the topic and it seems that a MAF isn't necessarily good or bad, but can weaken, start to fail over time, yet still be within the parameters it should be. Obviously this means it won't be setting any CEL / MIL but may still be causing issues as recognised by the driver!!

At just nearing 102k miles I'm inclined to replace if it will help to smooth things out, but don't wanna throw money away if I don't have to.....If she needs it she'll get it basically, but I'd be annoyed at the expenditure if it doesn't make any difference.

The trouble is I'm getting conflicting info...

0 0 0

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast