Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by passat 130 tdi View Post
    a cheap fix you say ??? 5 mafs over 7 years at £80 a pop £400. I haven't changed a maf yet in 123000 miles and only had problems following a remap which upped the boost in the system and the MAP didn't like it , the parts I replaced to cure limp mode cost me in total £ 78 , I think he should avoid your advise and listen to others with a lot more posts than 4 and a lot more knowledge of the passat tbh .
    That's right £400 over 7 years for a car that's done over 275000 thousand is not so bad considering you paid a £1000 with four different garages that told you it was sticky vanes. I've not had to change the maf in the last couple of years...it's fixed the issue. If it is the map sensor (and I'm not saying it isn't) then fair enough. What my aim was was to prevent the poster from paying out for a new turbo and sticky vanes and tubes etc. mechanics generally have a habit of disliking it when their told they're wrong.

0 0 0

2. Re: Turbo Over boost- Limp mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll self moderate my post...... "I'm out".

To the OP best of luck.....

0 0 0

3. Re: Turbo Over boost- Limp mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genghis View Post
    . mechanics generally have a habit of disliking it when their told they're wrong.

thats usually because the person telling us they are wrong hasn't got a frigging clue what they are talking about but knows everything because they have read it on tinternet.
    the problem is, too many people can look at a fault code and say what might be wrong. the skill comes in taking that fault code and using it as a guide to accurately say whats wrong. this involves using live date and knowing what atmospheric pressure is meant to be and how much boost a turbo should give, and how much air an engine should consume, and how to use an oscilloscope and a voltmeter etc........
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

4. Re: Turbo Over boost- Limp mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genghis View Post
    That's right £400 over 7 years for a car that's done over 275000 thousand is not so bad considering you paid a £1000 with four different garages that told you it was sticky vanes. I've not had to change the maf in the last couple of years...it's fixed the issue. If it is the map sensor (and I'm not saying it isn't) then fair enough. What my aim was was to prevent the poster from paying out for a new turbo and sticky vanes and tubes etc. mechanics generally have a habit of disliking it when their told they're wrong.
    had you read and understood my post , you'd of read that I was quoted £1000 at four garages for sticky vanes, I therefore with the help of this forums members self diagnosed my car with vagcom and followed a procedure until I eventually solved my problem, which wasn't the turbo at all !!

0 0 0

5. Re: Turbo Over boost- Limp mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good evening guys,

I have a similar problem, I have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0tfsi with 96,000 miles on the clock.

When I floor the car it’s boosts and pulls hard for 10-15 seconds then boom it’s goes into a limp and I loose all acceleration even though the revs stay high the car will not climb in revs just says where it is. Until I back off then the dsg box shift gear and if I back off the power for a short while it will boost as normal then back into limp mode. The car will repeat this cycle for 5 times then it will not come out of limp mode until I turn the ignition off and back on.

The fault code is 0035 fuel line problems.

I have change

The high pressure fuel pump
    The fuel pump in the tank
    All the filters
    The cam follower
    And I’ve checked the fuel lines for leaks.

Just lately my digital display has been completely shutting down while driving my Speedo and rev counter also shuts don’t and then resets shortly after the can keeps running but my clock resets.

No one seems to know what the problem is and I can’t afford to take this to Audi.

So please someone save me !!

0 0 0

6. Re: Turbo Over boost- Limp mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Check for engine oil in the intercooler pipes, this is a common issue for boost related issues.. I'm not saying it is your issue but it has been highlighted before. If you do have a lot of oil in there, drain it out of the intercooler pipes. I was having the limp mode issue last year on my B5.5 until I had the cam belt done, the mechanic noticed the intercooler pipes leaking a lot of oil, so he disconnected them. He told me about a half litre of oil eventually ran out of there. fortunately for me the seals had gone allowing a lot of oil to spill out preventing it from destroying my engine. just a thought. Good luck!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123