Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    I am trying to put together an upgrade for my rear brakes on my 04 2.5tdi allroad, currently 255x10 solid disc (height48mm). I have ordered new calipers which are from an allroad 4.2 that takes a 22mm vented disc. I think that I can put a 269x22 vented set up which comes on the 4.2 allroad which uses carrier no. 4B0 615 425, my existing carrier is 8E0 615 425. However, If I can I would like to go a bit larger, possibly 280x22 vented.
    my dilema is the carrier as these are expensive to experiment with, the A8/S8 uses a 280x22 rear and uses carrier 4B0 615 425 B and I don't know what that 'B' bit means, and the S8 disc which is 280x22 is 46.2 mm in height, and I don't know how significant the height is. The 4.2 allroad disc height is 47.9mm.
    If someone could shine some light on these two queries for me I would be very grateful, and the I can post a write up if it goes to plan
    Thankyou
    ben
    04 allroad 2.5tdi v6,Hotchkis sports sway bars,pentagon glass,Sachs performance clutch,OEM RS6 spoiler, Arnott gen 11 air springs front with OEM shocks, rear with bilstein s4 shocks,Longlife stainless exhaust,Led interior lights,HEL braided brake hoses,Brembo 18Z 6 pot calipers,345mm amg discs ebc red stuff pads,allroad 4.2 rear calipers + vented disc,OEM Xenon Headlights,Camei grill,18" 8.5J RS4 alloys,yokohama wintrac 245/45/18 xl.

0 0 0

2. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    How are you going to address the brake balance, mind you you have uprated the front brakes. Have you told your insurance company of these modifications as these are material changes to the car spec. You may be in for shock. Regards Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My attempt at this rear upgrade is addressing the brake balance, I have increased front disc size by 24mm and by increasing rear disc size by 25mm, it will bring my brakes back to being better balanced. At the moment it has a heavy front bias which can be felt . The rear piston is slightly larger on the new rear caliper, but the master cylinder in the allroad is more than capable.
    The difference between stock size 321 front and 255 rear was 66 mm, the difference between the upgrade would be 345 front and 280 rear is 65mm.

None of these issues were mentioned in my original post.
    04 allroad 2.5tdi v6,Hotchkis sports sway bars,pentagon glass,Sachs performance clutch,OEM RS6 spoiler, Arnott gen 11 air springs front with OEM shocks, rear with bilstein s4 shocks,Longlife stainless exhaust,Led interior lights,HEL braided brake hoses,Brembo 18Z 6 pot calipers,345mm amg discs ebc red stuff pads,allroad 4.2 rear calipers + vented disc,OEM Xenon Headlights,Camei grill,18" 8.5J RS4 alloys,yokohama wintrac 245/45/18 xl.

0 0 0

4. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have w8 passat rear brakes, they use a similar rear suspension setup than the allroad. The w8 calipers are the same as fitted to the b5 audi rs4 which means technically up to 312mm brake discs can be fitted. The s4/s6 mod is also popular in the states, some use thed2 s8 caliper/disc and pad assembly. Cannot really advice what to use as it's a learning curve for me too, i have both b5 rs4 312mm brakes off my old b5 quattro and also w8 rear calipers and brakets just need to order rear discs and pads to suit. Curently my allroad is in the bodyshop for a full respray, been there since last september, should be ready this week though so- with the warm weather comming- i will have a go at the rear brakes. To be honest i am not that fussed about rear brakes myself, i have fitted new calipers and discs last summer so the brakes are more than satisfactory but, having massive rs4 front brakes does upset the bias a little ! It's by no means a racing car but with the new hybrid gt2260 turbo and Bosio PP683 nozzles it sure shifts and it aint't remapped yet !

0 0 0

5. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Done the rear brake upgrade on my allroad today, used passat w8 rear calipers and carriers, audi s8 rear 280mm discs and standard pads. Had to put a 2mm washer between the caliper and carrier to get the right clearance but other than that it was plug and play ! Discs and pads were 58 quid from ECP and the calipers and carriers were 50 quid off another forum ! Best brake upgrade for the money !!!

0 0 0

6. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coincidently I finished mine yesterday too, but I went with the 4.2 allroad calipers and carriers which required a set of rear brake lines to go with it that had a 12 mm banjo as apposed to the 10mm. The disc is a 269x22x47 vented black edition dimpled and grooved from m tec brakes, I only had to use 1mm washers to get the clearance. Calipers were from brake parts superstore and carriers from 'total parts ltd' and were very reasonably priced, if you go to the trw site to get your code first, then search for it on total parts.
    Very happy with the brakes!!!

Adamss did the W8 caliper have a 10mm banjo?

0 0 0

7. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, 10mm banjo, all plug and play ! I too used the 269mm disc at the begining but, for some reason it wasn't lining properly with the caliper bracket and as such the pad was overhanging the disc by a good 5mm.1
    The s8 rear brake discs are also fitted on 1997-2000 audi a4 with the Lucas 280mm brake calipers hence they are dirt cheap: Pagid discs and pads were £58 on trade !

0 0 0

8. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a few pictures:

0 0 0

9. Re: allroad rear brake upgrade