1. Traffic Sign Recognition missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me. I have both the Discover Navigation Pro (which displays speeds built into the Sat Nav database - this is working, but only when in the Nav mode), but also the Lane Assist with the camera detected Traffic Sign Display. The menu option to turn this on and off is missing from the "Car" and Multifunction Display menus and I see no signs at all on the multifunction display. Does anyone else have the same problem? If not do you see the options for this feature in the menu.

I suspect that as my car clearly has the camera (the Lane Assist is functioning normally) I wonder if the Infotainment unit software simply hasn't been told that the Traffic Sign Recognition camera is installed.
    Last edited by Evil Dan; 10-03-2013 at 08:59 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'll see in the top middle of the MFD that there is a sign displayed and the compass is in the bottom left. On mine there is no sign and the compass is where the sign is in the video.

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the same spec and wondered if there was an update?

0 0 0

4. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the standard Discover Nav (not Pro) along with Lane Assist, and only see the speed signs built into the sat nav - and like you, only on the nav screen, not on the multifunction display.
    My dealer says that VW technical have said that the Traffic Sign Recognition feature is only available with Discover Pro - which is extremely disappointing since this was the main reason I got the Lane Assist. I have not seen this published anywhere and don't really understand why it should only be active with the Pro nav - would be interested in other people's opinion/understanding of this.
    My dealer also said that he had a Golf with both Pro and Lane Assist, and that he could see the signs in the multifunction - so it might just be a software upgrade that you require. Wish I could say the same...

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh dear this sounds ominous! Our GT is coming with standard Nav and the Lane Assist package and I thought the traffic signs would be shown in the multifunction display as well.

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Oh dear this sounds ominous! Our GT is coming with standard Nav and the Lane Assist package and I thought the traffic signs would be shown in the multifunction display as well.
    It would be completely useless without. The nav is set up for a left hand drive car in that the signs are displayed on the left hand side of the nav screen. You have to look almost at the glove compartment to see them.

The manual is very clear that the Sign Assist displays the signs on the MF display. Will have to add it to the list of things for the dealer.

My Discover Nav Pro has version 0095 software installed.

0 0 0

7. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is a GT as well. I must stress that I'm only seeing the speed signs held in the sat nav database...not signs 'recognised' by the camera. Such is the accuracy of the nav - the display changes almost immediately as you pass a speed sign - that I only realised the signs were not being recognised when I drove along a road that had its limit changed recently...the old limit was displayed.

0 0 0

8. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.volkswagen.ie/content/med...ry-2013_v2.pdf

Found this on the Irish website (see page 5). It seems that the Lane Assist with High Beam Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition is part no. PFG (in conjunction with Discover Nav Pro), however I have my order and it clearly shows part no. PFA (Lane Assist & High Beam Assist only), which is incorrect as I have the Discover Pro.

Will wait to see what the dealer/VW say about what can be done, but with the electric seat and xenon mis-selling I think they will be building me a new car at this rate. The price is identical so I've got my fingers crossed it is simply a software update that is required.

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So it seems that the traffic sign recognition is not available on UK cars despite it clear talking about a camera recognising signs in all variations of the brochure. The only configurable part on a UK car is PFA (without traffic sign recognition) At least VW have agreed to refund me the cost of the Lane Assist as I only wanted the traffic signs.

What marketing/sales moron decided that even though it doesn't cost any extra they would fit the basic version without the sign recognition?

0 0 0

10. Re: Traffic Sign Display missing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Completely agree -it's ridiculous. The hardware is there (camera) so why not implement it with both versions of the nav.

Can't believe the latest version of the brochure still wrong "Traffic Sign display uses a camera to detect speed restrictions and warning signs on the road ahead, which are then displayed to the driver. Standard on GT and optional on SE models. Traffic Sign display is included in navigation systems and part of the Lane assist option."

Like you, sign recognition was the only reason I ordered this pack - how did you go about getting a refund for the Lane Assist ? Dealer ? Customer Services ?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast