Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Got a 2004 touran and the problem is the tailgate wont open using fob keys. it all started used the car, just before going door open icon lit at thr dashbord and heard a clicking sound at the back. initially thought i didnt closed the door well but it points out to the tailgate partislly opened. Tried opening it but no luck at all. pushed it further to close then tried opening it again but still wont. Anybody experienced this problem before? Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: tailgate wont open 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should have a key slot where the number plate lights are. but by the sound of this thing's the solenoid as gone. typical vw/audi fault. easy diy to replace so n big bill from the dealer
    520bhp rs6 turbos 3inch exhaust system b7 rs4 brakes

0 0 0

3. Re: tailgate wont open 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your response. Excuse me for my ignorance as I'm no expert with these things. is the microswitch different from the solenoid that you mentioned? is just that i read a thread that mentioned microswitch issue.

0 0 0

4. Re: tailgate wont open 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is from 2013 but I've just fixed my own Touran tailgate in 2018 and am posting in case it helps anyone else (I'm a 'lurker' trying to repay my debt to other posters).
    My 2006 Touran's tailgate has slowly started refusing to unlock itself... today it finally stopped unlocking altogether ... I could hear the lock/ solenoid mechanism doing something when I used the remote but it wouldn't unlock (I tried the remote many times , shutting all doors , pushing the tailgate shut with my bum, banging the area where I thought the lock was etc etc ... nothing worked)
    Fixed it by folding rear seats ... crawling into the 'boot' and removing the emergency triangle (which is in a compartment in the rear door just near to the numberplate).... I then sprayed in WD40 in all directions through the various openings in the plastic inside the emergency triangle compartment.... a few minutes later the rear door opened and I then sprayed WD40 into the mechanism that actually hooks onto the metal bracket at the bumper ... after this the unlocking was perfect.

0 0 0